2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know what the smell of new cars? mines running out and I want to know the name of that distinct smell:oops:quite embarrasing but i love it

·
Veedub
519 Posts
anybody know what the smell of new cars? mines running out and I want to know the name of that distinct smell:oops:quite embarrasing but i love it
I like to use the magic Tree "New Car Scent" (not imposing but always get complemented on the whiff :cool:

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Its the new carpets

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not meaning to sound wierd but has anybody smelt the ashtray open , I had to take mine out because of the strong smell

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so nobody knows for sure? the banana sort of smell if from the guard x on the upholstry, but even without that there should be a new showroom car smell

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I recall having read that the manufacturers are scenting the interior in new cars (feromons slowly escaping materials).
(Although it may very well just be the remains of an particular chemical process in the materials used by the car manufacturer).
The sense of smell is a "deep" sense, in the way that it will trigger emotions and memorys long before you're conscious aware of the scent.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I recall having read that the manufacturers are scenting the interior in new cars (feromons slowly escaping materials).
(Although it may very well just be the remains of an particular chemical process in the materials used by the car manufacturer).
The sense of smell is a "deep" sense, in the way that it will trigger emotions and memorys long before you're conscious aware of the scent.
wow thats quite deep man

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Not meaning to sound wierd but has anybody smelt the ashtray open , I had to take mine out because of the strong smell
Yes! It really stunk - mines gone too!

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
If you go to a sainsbury's garage, that has a car vac (on of the new types with coloured vials down the side), this has a 'new car' smell spray (along with others) that pumps out as you hoover your interior. :D

Tom

1 - 20 of 22 Posts