2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my new Honda Civic 1.4 DSI SE+

I know it's hardly impressive but I love it and it used up all my car buying budget!

It's only my second car (had a V reg Fiesta before) and I'm finding it sooo much nicer to drive haha

Reasons I bought the car.......
Baby girl due next month
Has loads of space but doesn't look huge
Tax
Insurance
Economy
Looks
Reliability

Literally can't flaw the car yet!

Please suggest any mods, upgrades and accessories you think would be good....I'm no boy racer though. Also leave your opinion.

Cheers

Tom

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,165 Posts
Looks very nice. Still love that colour. Goes very well with the civic.

Don't get too carried away with spending loads, but the sports grille looks good on the civic.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Looks lovely mate, I agree about the sports grille. Transforms the car imo

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Welcome. Car looks great- can't say I've seen that cool looking front skirt / splitter before. Sill trims also look good breaking up the black side trim. Looks like a colour coded rear spoiler has also been fitted so not devoid of mods as it stands.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Looking good :thumbsup:

I would also go with the Sports Grille. Makes a big difference to the look and costs around £100.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have seen the sports grille on eBay but I'm not to sure if I want go with as I think this silver works reasonably well with the current grille. Prob leave it for a few months to see what i think.
Also planning on 17" civic wheels.
Rear window tints for baby.
Roof wrsp.
Wind deflectors
And I've just fitted a gaitor to the gear knob!

·
1,165 Posts
I have seen the sports grille on eBay but I'm not to sure if I want go with as I think this silver works reasonably well with the current grille. Prob leave it for a few months to see what i think.
Also planning on 17" civic wheels.
Rear window tints for baby.
Roof wrsp.
Wind deflectors
And I've just fitted a gaitor to the gear knob!
I bought an Si civic in Alabaster silver new in 2010, and one of the reasons I went for the Si over the SE was the sports grille. Just made it look crisp and defined at the front. I would buy the grille and not bother changing your wheels and tyres. You will make the comfort slightly worse and it will cost you to find that out. Your choice ultimately, mate.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I'm liking the front splitter!! I want one in red!! Nice car and enjoy driving it. Also congrats on the kid

Late to the show as usual!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The comfort factor didn't actually cross my mind stupidly. I have read that these Civics are a rough ride but mine certainly isn't and I've checked my tire pressures. Taking this into consideration I'll probably keep the wheels then. Last think I'd want is baby bouncing around in the back vommin' on my back seats
Thanks the advice and kind words all

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
This is my new Honda Civic 1.4 DSI SE+

I know it's hardly impressive but I love it and it used up all my car buying budget!

It's only my second car (had a V reg Fiesta before) and I'm finding it sooo much nicer to drive haha

Reasons I bought the car.......
Baby girl due next month
Has loads of space but doesn't look huge
Tax
Insurance
Economy
Looks
Reliability

Literally can't flaw the car yet!

Please suggest any mods, upgrades and accessories you think would be good....I'm no boy racer though. Also leave your opinion.

Cheers

Tom

I'm liking the front splitter!! I want one in red!! Nice car and enjoy driving it. Also congrats on the kid

Late to the show as usual!
I think that's what deni is selling at the moment? I might be wrong though, its not red however. Not sure if he's sold it yet it or not

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
The comfort factor didn't actually cross my mind stupidly. I have read that these Civics are a rough ride but mine certainly isn't and I've checked my tire pressures. Taking this into consideration I'll probably keep the wheels then. Last think I'd want is baby bouncing around in the back vommin' on my back seats
Yeah I'm on 18s mate and the ride is rough haha. Its on my mod list to remedy. Wouldn't recommend it with a Lil un

·
1,165 Posts
We are always happy to offer advice re:civic ownership.

This is always a good starting point for info:-

Main Page - Civinfo Wiki

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm considering changing my rear tailgate light cluster as it has mossy and impossible to clean.
I was considering changing it for a type R one. Who thinks it would be stupid a mine is only a 1,4 lol

Rear of mine

type R rear

1 - 20 of 22 Posts