2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carpro IronX (500ml) - Shinearama

Although not advertised as such the Iron-X now in stock @ Shinearama is the revised version with a new fragrance. Also comes with a better spray head than previous. Anyone who has used this product in the past will verify that the smell was vile, and although now improved and sold as smelling of "cherry" it is more like strong Ribena! so much better than the old product though. The head is another great improvement, as the old orange spray head had a tendancy to block up quite quickly.

Great for decontaminating heavy brake dust :cool:

I've used Iron-X back to back against Wolf's Brake Duster and it is far superior, but be mindful it is more expensive. Both are great, but I favour the Iron-X.

Hope this helps.

Matt.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Good info, thanks buddy!!

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts
Thanks Matt.
Me and Mickspy had a same comparison between Iron X and Brake duster and iron x was winner.
I cant wait to use the new version

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Thanks Matt, I used Wolfs brake duster last weekend. I had alot of small black flecks on the alloys which normal shampoo would not remove. Just spraying on wolfs didnt remove the flecks I had to agitate with a toothbrush. Wolfs removed 95% of the flecks with some still visible. Ive bought some Iron X and intend to use this weekend. Hopefully this will remove the rest of the brake dust spots.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
And how does it taste? ;)

Going to have to give this a go as the inside of my alloys look like they've been powder coated black...

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Does this stuff just clean or do I need a sealant? I get fed up of brake dusts only have to do a few miles and you can see dust
Just a cleaner mate and brilliant it is, you'll need to seal your wheels with appropriate waxes or sealants to help prevent brake dust build up again.

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Matt, I used Wolfs brake duster last weekend. I had alot of small black flecks on the alloys which normal shampoo would not remove. Just spraying on wolfs didnt remove the flecks I had to agitate with a toothbrush. Wolfs removed 95% of the flecks with some still visible. Ive bought some Iron X and intend to use this weekend. Hopefully this will remove the rest of the brake dust spots.
Iron-X is far more potent, so it should remove the larger / deeper iron particles :)

And how does it taste? ;)
F**kin' awful mate! I got a bit of splashback on my lip once, wiped it away with a microfibre, and within about 30seconds I could taste it! made me want to vom! :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
any one recommend a good sealer. Can I clean and seal without taking wheels off. I live on a hill so cant use jack
yes clean with ironx then thoroughly rinse off and dry. buy yourself some optiseal, a great sealant, just wipe on and leave it;)

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Yes sadly on a budget and getting ear ache from her in doors ;) well you can get things for car I can have my boots no joke, lol. Luckily boots dont cost much she had expensive ones for xmas. Shes worth it though

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Carpro IronX (500ml) - Shinearama

Although not advertised as such the Iron-X now in stock @ Shinearama is the revised version with a new fragrance. Also comes with a better spray head than previous. Anyone who has used this product in the past will verify that the smell was vile, and although now improved and sold as smelling of "cherry" it is more like strong Ribena! so much better than the old product though. The head is another great improvement, as the old orange spray head had a tendancy to block up quite quickly.

Great for decontaminating heavy brake dust :cool:

I've used Iron-X back to back against Wolf's Brake Duster and it is far superior, but be mindful it is more expensive. Both are great, but I favour the Iron-X.

Hope this helps.

Matt.
Just ordered some more, had a bottle of the horrible smelling stuff so hopefully this is a little more pleasant on the nose:) great stuff for the wheels thou

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
To answer the wheel sealing question:
YES..Optiseal is fantastic on wheels..But Ive run out
So I switched to Wolfs Nano (Clean & Coat)
This stuff is a great wheel cleaner..BUT...When you wash it off, it leaves a layer of protection behind..That WORKS!!
So the best of both!!

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Thanks Robbo looking for all in 1 if poss. Also looking for tyre dresser.

Wolf's Chemicals detailing products - Nano wheel cleaner

At Wolf's we don't like to be told "…it can't be done" which is why we've created Clean & Coat - the first wheel cleaner in the industry to be integrated with nano technology. This rim cleaner is tough enough to remove caked-on brake dust, but with a pH value of only 5 - 5.5 it's safe enough for use on ceramic brake systems, as well. When the contamination moves out, nano technology moves in leaving a solid layer of protection on your precious wheels, which makes maintaining them even easier.

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
Thanks Robbo looking for all in 1 if poss. Also looking for tyre dresser.

Wolf's Chemicals detailing products - Nano wheel cleaner

At Wolf's we don't like to be told "…it can't be done" which is why we've created Clean & Coat - the first wheel cleaner in the industry to be integrated with nano technology. This rim cleaner is tough enough to remove caked-on brake dust, but with a pH value of only 5 - 5.5 it's safe enough for use on ceramic brake systems, as well. When the contamination moves out, nano technology moves in leaving a solid layer of protection on your precious wheels, which makes maintaining them even easier.
Meguiars Endurance IMO is a great product.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.