2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about 200bhp as standard and only 99g/km making it tax free?

Also an engine that without hybrid assist is still 163bhp - considerably more than the 148BHP from the Civic and with lower emissions.

Looks like Citroen have done what Honda couldn't with their new IDTEC:

Citroën DS5 - The Hybrid4 Technology - TECHNOLOGY AND PERFORMANCE

What's even more remarkable is emissions are only 99g/km with 4 wheel drive!

Always said the new Civic should have used a hybrid.

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
+1

Looks like a very impressive car but £22k for a bottom of the range spec Citreon? :facepalm:
You've said it yourself; it's an impressive car. Why shouldn't they be able to charge 22k? I'd easily buy one of these over the new Civics. I think it's a fantastic car, and like it or not, Citreons are in another world, compared to how they used to be.

·
Hairy Northerner
165 Posts
Aaah! But it's a Citroen, don't forget...

A top spec DS5H will probably only be about £9k in 3 years time!!

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
You've said it yourself; it's an impressive car. Why shouldn't they be able to charge 22k? I'd easily buy one of these over the new Civics. I think it's a fantastic car, and like it or not, Citreons are in another world, compared to how they used to be.
+1

I posted about this a while back... http://www.civinfo.com/forum/any-non-civic-chat-here-please/71761-citroen-ds5-alternative-9g.html

Just love the interior and that's saying something, because IMO after owning a Civic, nothing comes close to the Civics dash!

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
It all looks impressive but I bet the weight of all that tech would cripple the power to weight ratio and handling. Lotus would shiver at the thought!

·
Never tap!
792 Posts
May go hybrid next, had a test drive of a Lexus CT200h (think it was a sports model) and really liked it.

DS5 does like very nice aswell - don't think i would go back to a French car again though.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Whilst the DS5 is actually a nice looking car, all the glitters isn't necessarily gold. Yes there are some really cool design features and details but at the end of the day those little touches aren't going to help you when broken down in the middle of nowhere one cold night. Let's face it, French cars are always going to be unreliable and I'd opt for a bomb proof Honda any day.;)

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Bomb proof Honda?????

Clutches (2 of), master cylinder, petrol cap, central locking, electric mirrors - just some of the failings on my Civic!

Although I agree that Citroen aren't very good in that department either!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Bomb proof Honda?????

Clutches (2 of), master cylinder, petrol cap, central locking, electric mirrors - just some of the failings on my Civic!

Although I agree that Citroen aren't very good in that department either!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
My diesel had 140k miles on it when I traded it in. I didn't have a single problem with it over 2 years of ownership. I'd say they're pretty bomb proof.

Unfortunately, as with all manufacturers, sometimes you're just unlucky :(

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Let's face it, French cars are always going to be unreliable ......
How can you say that? Maybe they have taken on board their problems and improved quality/standards?.... or was it more of a comment about the French??

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Daedalus.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
How can you say that? Maybe they have taken on board their problems and improved quality/standards?.... or was it more of a comment about the French??
Why the comment bud, are you french? I wasn't having a dig at French people at all. :facepalm:

I'm making a general statement about French cars not the people who make them, who could be of any nationality.

My point is that I personally like to buy a car that I know will have a reasonable chance of being reliable and well-built and to me that is either German or Japanese. Even if Citroen have improved reliability I would still never buy one based on history. I'm a bit Clarkson on that front. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Apart from the mpg there is nothing good about the performance. It is very heavy (1600kg) and has similar acceleration as the 2.2. Power/weight is a more important figure.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts