2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just took delivery of my new 1.6 ES and up to now am very happy with the build and comfort of the new car.
It is much better than my old car a 1.8 petrol,it is too early to write a review as have only had it a day but I will posting one on here when I am ready.:p

·
Super Moderator
21,041 Posts
Slowly but the surely the 9G's are emerging and the vast majority seem to like them

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've had my 1.6 ES for about 6 weeks now. I absolutely love it ! So much better than my 8G 2.2 (although there are times I miss the 'swoosh')

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,404 Posts
Any photos coming??

Must admit when I had 2.2 Mk9 for a week whilst my 1.8 Mk8 had a clock failure solved I found it a lot quieter and less harsh over bumps. Still don't like its behind and I much prefer the speedo cluster on mine.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
I've had my 1.6 diesel 9G ES for just a tad over 4 months now and love it. Still loving it just as much as the day I picked it up, if not more so. Never wished for second thoughts, never once considered 'maybe I should have bought something else instead'... best decision I ever made! :D

However, now the weather is turning toward winter mode, cleaning it every weekend is becoming a problem. No point washing your car in the pouring rain... :/

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
I've had my 1.6 diesel 9G ES for just a tad over 4 months now and love it. Still loving it just as much as the day I picked it up, if not more so. Never wished for second thoughts, never once considered 'maybe I should have bought something else instead'... best decision I ever made! :D

However, now the weather is turning toward winter mode, cleaning it every weekend is becoming a problem. No point washing your car in the pouring rain... :/
I didn't realise they made the 1.6 in Sapphire Blue, it only listed and I could only order the non metallic "Deep Ocean Blue"....

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
I guess it depended on when you tried to get it.
When I ordered mine (end of May) and asked for sapphire blue the dealership made a big point on it being a brand new colour, only just made available for this car...

...don't know if that was just sales pitch though, but they stuck to the story when I went back to them a month later wanting to fix a stone chip. they said they didn't yet have any touch up paint in this colour "because it's a new one to the range"... They also said no when I asked if I could get the wheel arches colour coded, same reason.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Mine was ordered in February I think.

At the time the configurator on the website would only let you select Sapphire Blue if you picked the 2.2 and only Deep Ocean Blue if you picked the 1.6.

I just looked now and only Deep Ocean Blue is offered for either engine.

When I asked Arval said they asked their Honda contact who said the Sapphire Blue was being removed from the range!

Sounds like different Honda people saying different things but their website makes out the Sapphire colour is no more.

Here is mine, not a world of difference....bit darker than yours:

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
The Sapphire blue was only available for the first year, in the same way Vivid blue was for the 8G.

So shouldn't see too many on the road ......WHOOP!! :cool:
Does the 1.6 ES not have front fogs? I thought it was just the SE that didn't. ...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1.6 diesel update

I have had my 1.6 es now for 6 months and am still very happy with it.
mpg around town is between 55 and 60 with econ on and on a recent long run of 800 miles with mixed driving ave mpg 68 car was fully loaded at motorway speeds so would improve after the car has done more miles and has run in more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 year update after the first service,fuel economy on a long run in the low 70s mpg with a mixture of congested motorway A roads and town traffic with 4 adults and the boot full,very happy with this also no faults to report.:-D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts