2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Im new to the forum so be patient.

Firstly id like to say Hello to everyone. This looks like a good forum (the last Leon FR one ended up being a tad bit argumentative)

Secondly i need some advice:
I am purchusing a 4 year old civic (only 34K on her) Its from a Honda approved dealer and i have went through the history and she seems in very good condition.

However:

Can someone advise what i should look for on the car? Damage/faults.

Your help would be most appreicated.

Thanks
David

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She is a 2.2cdti 2007 sport. (not that sport actually means anything in regards the engine)

Anyhelp is apprecaited. just want to be weary on what to look for.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers all

Thanks booboo for your help that will be perfect. Always best to know whats critical to each car type rather than a generic checklist. (Autotrader im thinking off here)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I went from a Seat Leon to a FN2 Type R a couple of months back for the same reasons by looks of things - VAG build quailty and reliability being ****.

First thing i would check is for the rust ont he doors issue - i looked at 2 before i picked up my current car with no signs of any rust on the doors.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Check the doors, check it doesnt nock when driving, and at that age and mileage really check the clutch, have a town drive and floor it 4th 5th 6th to check for slipping. Alot of people with round that age are finding the clutch needs rreplaced thts why they trade in.. garage should do it for you though if it does slip on test drive ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts