2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody finally got my new civic 1.8 i-shift totally luv it:)
then it felt like someone had punched me very painfully:(
after i stopped the car (15 mins run) went in the house for 10 mins came back out still excited about pushing that lovely button a big warning light came on in the middle of the info screen
it was a gear symbol with the ! sign in the middle
the handbook says its an i shift problem dont rev too hard or speed up to quickly while driving get to your dealer asap.:( :( :( :(

i phoned my dealer he said as it was a sunday and i was 40 mile away i should phone the emergency free number on the back of the tax disc
this was in the hope that the AA man may be able to reset the fault

i decided to wait an hour and have a cup of tea to calm down ,went back out to try again No Warning Light :confused: :confused: :confused: what is going on
been driving it since carefully everything is cool done app.300 miles.
im happy again but worried,dealer says he will have a word with the tech. staff to see if they know anything. still waitin
sorry to blether on folks but i need to know if any of you guyz or galz have any experience of this
cheers cool site
bobo

·
King of the rodeo
4,828 Posts
Hey Bobo,Welcome to the forum! If the warning light is now gone and there are no apparent issues with the engine and/or gearbox I wouldn't be too worried. But for peace of mind pop down the dealers when you get a chance and have the techs check everything out for you. Better safe than sorry!Keep us posted.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
Hey Bobo

welcome to the forum - hope everything is all sorted with your new baby

Have to say we have had our car for almost a month now
no problems apart from blistering number plates ( sorted !!)
certainly no probs with the i-shift

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Hello Bobo sorry to hear of your problem,hope you soon have it sorted

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Hello Bobo, welcome to you.

Sorry to hear about your problem. Hope you will get a good answer soon.
I was used to have these types of messages with my Old peugeot it was never important mainly what the tech call "bad reading of a sensor" Generaly it's solved by a shut down and restart (that what you've done)
Hope it will be recorded in the ECU memory (it didnt in the Peugeot) so Honda could tell you what realy happend.

Just a question about I-shift, How do you use it ? as an automatic gearbox or also as a sequential gearbox ?

PS Are you from Scotland ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hiya i-noel i use it mainly in auto mode unless i want to have some fun and play about with the paddle shift .the reason we bought the i shift version was that my girlfriend has only an auto licence and we traded in an 05 citroen c2 vtr (sensodrive) which also has the paddle shift on it .the vtr was actually becoming to dangerous to drive especially at junctions ,it didnt respond when you wanted to move then when it did respond it was too late.
so we decided to look for a new car but it had to have an auto option on it .we fell in luv with the civvie gorgeous and far superior quality to the citroen .
hopefully we wont have any more probs but we will defo post them here if so
cheers to yourself and everybody else who is interested in my wee problems
p.s. you can probably tell by reading some of my phrases that i am scottish
bobo

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I had a loan i-shift a few weeks ago and that did exactly the same thing. When I mentioned it to the service manager at the dealer ,he said that it happens alot and it's a glich in the software. He said Honda are aware and that a new software update was due anytime.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx bog im going to contact the dealer to make sure that the software update will be used on my baby as soon as its available
bobo

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bobo, Did you ever have an answer to this?

I picked up my new NHB EX 1.8 I-shift last Friday, 29th June. Within 1/2 hour I got the Cog/Exclamation mark warning which as you said points to an I-shift problem so had to drop it back on Saturday which was a shame as I really enjoyed driving it, very pleased up to then. The warning stayed on from start up on Saturday.

They finish at 12.30 on Saturday, I got it to them for 12 and they did a quick diagnostic, it does record all fault lights. They said it was showing as a break sensor! But would need to follow the diagnostic flowcharts to track it through which would talk an hour or so. They are looking at it this morning and expecting a call any time soon.

I'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi everybody finally got my new civic 1.8 i-shift totally luv it:)
then it felt like someone had punched me very painfully:(
after i stopped the car (15 mins run) went in the house for 10 mins came back out still excited about pushing that lovely button a big warning light came on in the middle of the info screen
it was a gear symbol with the ! sign in the middle
the handbook says its an i shift problem dont rev too hard or speed up to quickly while driving get to your dealer asap.:( :( :( :(

i phoned my dealer he said as it was a sunday and i was 40 mile away i should phone the emergency free number on the back of the tax disc
this was in the hope that the AA man may be able to reset the fault

i decided to wait an hour and have a cup of tea to calm down ,went back out to try again No Warning Light :confused: :confused: :confused: what is going on
been driving it since carefully everything is cool done app.300 miles.
im happy again but worried,dealer says he will have a word with the tech. staff to see if they know anything. still waitin
sorry to blether on folks but i need to know if any of you guyz or galz have any experience of this
cheers cool site
bobo
SNAP - I have a New 57 plate 3 day old!! I -Shift - all the warning lights came on VSA, Power Management light, Engine light. Unfortunately I broke down - and it is currently in garage faulty wiring loom - Gutted to say the least. When it first happened they thought it was a dodgy fuse! took it out put it back and it was fine, next day - broke down. Be interested to know how it has been running??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts