2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm a first time driver and purchased a 2006 honda civic 1.4 petrol a few months ago. Everything is going great but a couple of things which are annoying me.

The centre console which lights up to shows my spedometer etc keeps randomly turning itself off. (I've attached a picture so you know what i'm talking about lol) and the knob you use to adjust the brightness doesn't seem to keep it on when you push it in. Usually i have to leave it a while and then push the button in and out for ages before it decides to stay on. Anyone know what this could be?

Also, the gear shifter has signs of wear which im told is common so purchased one online which was supposed to fit my car for the mechanic to say it's not compatible. Does anyone know where I can get a new one as mine has a black scratch in it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi I'm a first time driver and purchased a 2006 honda civic 1.4 petrol a few months ago. Everything is going great but a couple of things which are annoying me.

The centre console which lights up to shows my spedometer etc keeps randomly turning itself off. (I've attached a picture so you know what i'm talking about lol) and the knob you use to adjust the brightness doesn't seem to keep it on when you push it in. Usually i have to leave it a while and then push the button in and out for ages before it decides to stay on. Anyone know what this could be?

Also, the gear shifter has signs of wear which im told is common so purchased one online which was supposed to fit my car for the mechanic to say it's not compatible. Does anyone know where I can get a new one as mine has a black scratch in it?

I'm no sparky of any kind so I can't comment on the elec side but regarding the gear knob u can probs buy different rings to fit the knob

I had a katana handle on my old car (which I've brought a new one) and that came with these extra rings to match the width of the stick

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

Check ad's here or on eBay for an OEM gear knob. Or upgrade to a Skunk2/similar ;)

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
You can also restore the original knob if you prefer that. The rubber that wears off is moulded onto a plastic piece. If you rip the rubber of you can pry the plastic off with a flat-head screwdriver and cover it in leather or something and then snap it back in place. I had the same problem and bought another one off ebay but if you like the original one restoring it is an option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts