2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there,

Just in the process of making our minds up about buying an Ex (leather and s/r) 1.8 i-shift (with rear camera option), have previously owned a V reg Accord 1.8se and the current owners of a 2.0se exec CRV. Both previous Hondas have been faultless over 250K miles and thinking of spending 20K means doing a bit of research. This site looks great with some excellent info.

Thanks. Martin :cool:

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Dimplyred, shame there's no prize, you had me going for all of a nanosecond -still helping me to decide on another decent Honda will do just fine :D

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Tis a priviledge and potentially an avatar in the making or even a gold ex civic!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Welcome 12watch.

I think you will love the Civic. I have had mine for about 5 or 6 months and I have loved every minute of it. The EX model is excellent for the gadgets I believe, even though I have an EX it is a Polish version which is different to the UK spec.

Good luck looking and you will find lots of honest opinion, information and pictures to help you choose.

Have Fun:D

·
Registered
450 Posts
I hope you get a good one.

I have also previously owned two really excellent Hondas. An Accord and a previous generation Civic. Both were very trouble free and excellent cars.

This Civic has been a great disappointment by comparison with a load of warranty issues, not all sorted after nearly 2 years. The build standard is noticeably less good and there are (in my view) unsorted design and quality issues (suspension, some 'gadgets' such as voice control and hands free, radio in my case). Judging by the various members here there is a lot of variation - which in itself says something about the overall quality.

There are however many good features (economy, lovely engine, excellent ergonomics) that go some way to offsetting the ongoing problems in other areas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts