2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just thought i'd drop a line to introduce myself as a proud owner of a brand new Civic EX Diesel with glass roof.

Treated myself to an early christmas present to replace an Accord Diesel that i owned for a year as my 'introduction' to the world of Honda! Was so impressed with the build quality and engine performance/economy during that time but didn't no longer needed the size so there was only one choice as a replacement.

Love the looks, love the funky interior.

Just got to work out what appears to be a common problem with K800i phone as no sound comes through the speakers....:(

Looking forward to enjoying the drive!

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
Enjoy your civic!
The accord however is maybe not a good reference, as it is more "car" for the money than the civic, but anyway I think the civic is a very good piece of machinery.

K.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

Am thinking about a very similar kind of change myself! About to trial a Civic diesel

What swung it for you (against the Accord diesel?)

Dom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Dominic

I just couldn't get excited about driving the Accord, although the engine was excellent and reliability perfect it just didn't do it for me anymore. On test drive the Civic felt much more at 'one' with me!!!

Generally the space in the rear and boot seems comparable with the Accord (I had a saloon) although could do with a bit more steering height adjustment.

Also impressed by the styling and general 'funkiness'. Everytime i look at outside i know i made the right choice.....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi,

I had an accord saloon for 2 years and it was a really well built, solid, grunter and bruiser of a car. Just changed to the Civic saloon (with 1.8L petrol engine). Must say that I find the Civic a little more jittery and ride quality a bit less smooth than the Accord but there is a huge difference in price so I can't complain overall.

The Civic is a much "smarter looking" car than the Accord though and the interior much more attractive. Also the Accord is being replaced later in the year and I think it will date after that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts