1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Here to introduce myself so hers goes-

My name is Ash I am 20 years old and I live in Cambridge
, I have just purchased a Honda civic 2.2 CTDI ES 2006 in slate grey with sat nav and the panoramic roof and I love it. I was going to purchase a Honda Del Sol SIR but because of travel distances to and from work I needed something economical (who knows I might still buy one as a toy
).
I am a massive Honda fanatic, we have always had Hondas or VW's in our family so naturally I have the same craving for one.

There are no modifications to the car, I don't plan on doing anything drastic just some nice little changes like tinted windows bigger alloys and might upgrade the sound set up.
I will upload some pictures later on as I am at work right now.

If anyone can make any suggestions for the car on any mods that would be worth while let me know

Ash

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
I was going to purchase a Honda Del Sol SIR but because of travel distances to and from work I needed something economical (who knows I might still buy one as a toy
Welcome.

A friend used to own a del sol 1.6 VTEC. I had a few passenger rides in it and I quite liked it. He said he'd get 40mpg on a run. The electric roof variants are best avoided though.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcomes guys!

As I mentioned I am looking to give my car a little sportier look. Was thinking of getting the type r front centre grille for a start then lower the car slightly for a snug ride on the road then stick some 17"s on it. I was thinking of getting some type r lights as well.

What do you guys think?

@wemmorgan yeah you can get good mpg out of them, if you drive sensibly but in a car like that why would you want to. The electric roof variants can be procey to replace I know but they are well worth it in terms of the look. Just like a transformer (hence transtop)

May still get one as the weather is picking up for little spins :)

Ash

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
There are no modifications to the car, I don't plan on doing anything drastic just some nice little changes like tinted windows bigger alloys and might upgrade the sound set up.
I will upload some pictures later on as I am at work right now.

Ash[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that this forum makes you mod hungry!!!!!!

Welcome mate!

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh don't worry I don't do anything half assed! yes Clare is quite quaint and defiantly no place for an artic! It is a rather long drive to my palce of work though (Cambridge Science park)

Here are two photos of the car after cleaning :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Oh don't worry I don't do anything half assed! yes Clare is quite quaint and defiantly no place for an artic! It is a rather long drive to my palce of work though (Cambridge Science park)

Here are two photos of the car after cleaning :)
Looking good ! :popcorn:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.