2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you seen the pictures in this weeks Auto Express. It looks GREAT.

Might put my name down for one !! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I discussed about the type-r with my local honda dealer. He said that it's more propable that the engine will have 240 hp than 200 hp like the old one.

It's coming out in finland on june next year.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to Auto Express, 220 bhp, Torque 220NM. 0--60 inaround six

seconds. 150 mph. Pretty lively !!. £18000. out early 2007.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way, it quotes the New NSX coming out next year ---- wait for it--

--- 500 bhp V10 engine. :lol: :lol:

·
您看了
456 Posts
Trouble with Auto express is the god awful photoshops. They always seem to mess with photos to try and get the "exclusive" and they most of the time get it wrong. This time they have just coloured in the spy shot claiming it to be real. Autocar has the same shots but they havent messed about with them.

Its also exactly the same photos as featured in the thread below this one entitled "Latest spy shots".

ps. The NSX figues are kind of old news as the car was formally anounced in a press statement from Honda's boss several months ago. Sounds good, but apparently it will be more expensive than the last model (that they hardly sold as perople thought it cost too much for a car with a Honda Badge)

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, you're in Porsche territory are'nt you. :wink:

·
您看了
456 Posts
Exactly. Although having had a go in an NSX I know where my money would go. Porsche are very nice, but having a car with a chassis setup by Senna would do it for me. And in evo's car of the year a few years ago the NSX type-R beat everything..... and compared to the others in that test it was positively ancient. But still good enough to kick some butt :lol: .

I was (for a short while) contemplating buying a second hand NSX myself anyway, but although servicing is cheap (same as a normal Honda) parts prices should anything break are pretty massive, and they eat rear tyres due to a surprising amount or rear toe in apparently.

Love the car.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Honda Type RR Denial

On the What Car website, you'll find the latest blurb about the new Type "S" (http://www.whatcar.com/news-article.aspx?NA=220838). Of interest is the last sentence:

"It had been widely rumoured that a Type RR concept version of the Civic with around 240bhp would appear at the show, but Honda denies this".

Now, in political circles a denial usually means that something is true (in the same way as "he has my full confidence" means that said politician is about to get the boot).

Working on that logic, and bearing in mind that Honda have today officially confirmed the Type R will have no more than 200 BHP, I reckon there's a fair old chance a Type "RR" is in the pipeline.

Certainly, if Honda are working on a V10 NSX, then a 240BHP CTRR should be possible as a VXR, Focus ST basher. After all, it seems strange that, with an all new design boasting a better chassis, there's no overall power increase for the CTR.

I know that many think 260BHP is overdoing it, but an extra 40 BHP with the option for Type RR owners to customize other settings i.e. suspension, brakes, etc would be fab.

In the end then, you'd have lesser 3-door models (underneath the type S) to appease blue rinsers and young drivers i.e a 1.4 3-door, the Type S, Type R and Type RR.

Seems altogether sensible to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts