2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: Have just taken delivery of my new Civic Type S GT. It is Black with a bronze tinge (Not sure of the colour name) and has 18" Blade alloys which look stunning. I have also added the rear parking sensors which complete's my car. :mad:My previous car was an 5 door ES I-Shift 1.8i which I had untolled problems with for 9 months.
:)Thanks to Crown Motors of Bushey Heath and Honda UK who put together a good deal for me. I have only had the car 9 days and I am absolutly thrilled with how the car handles both on acceleration and road handling, chalk and cheese compared with the i-shift. I have installed a Snooper speed camera detector and laser gun detector in case of getting from A - B a bit quicker (Ha Ha). This car is the best I have ever owned and driven. All that is missing is my Civinfo stickers which I will be ordering today.
Thyanks - Dobbie

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Dobbie,

Do we assume it's a 2.2 SGT?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
yes it's a 2.2 CTDi
Then you'll find the cruise control very useful on the motorway, or you end up doing 90 without realising it!

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Then you'll find the cruise control very useful on the motorway, or you end up doing 90 without realising it!
I'll second that - it's scary how quickly you get over the speed limit before you realise it!

Nice choice Dobbie - I love the bronze!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
only looking down when i realise there are 3 digits on the speedo
I agree, (although it's not as if the big while numerals are inconspicious!)

My previous 520D with the infamous I-Drive had speed alarms that you could set, it's a pity Honda haven't included such alarms on the Civic.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I agree, (although it's not as if the big while numerals are inconspicious!)

My previous 520D with the infamous I-Drive had speed alarms that you could set, it's a pity Honda haven't included such alarms on the Civic.
Hi HumberMart - check your manual. There are 2 speed alarms you can set. I have one set at 80 which acts as a good warning

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Hi HumberMart - check your manual. There are 2 speed alarms you can set. I have one set at 80 which acts as a good warning
I really must have a look at my manual, it's amazing the things you can learn from it. :rolleyes:

Just to save me going outside in the cold to get it, are there speed alarms on the CTR too?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Thanks surf' !

RTFM strikes again :oops:

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I would expect they are on the CTR too. Once set, they give a little bleep and show the speed set as you reach it. I have one set for 30mph and another for 75mph.
Cheers I'll have a look tomorrow. It seems like a very good idea, as 70mph does seem to approach very quickly. ;)

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Whe3re the the pics then

·
Registered
268 Posts
Other road users’ see a nicely styled Jap mobile and think its a slow family hatch until they see you leave them for dust when the VTEC does its stuff. All legally of course officer!!:oops::D[smilie=cheeky-grin:[smilie=tongue.gif]

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm really happy with my Civic (1.8 iVtec), its really surprised me as being punchy enough to have some fun in, but not costing the earth to run it. Considering i've owned an impreza, nissan 200sx and a couple of clios (172/182) i am happy with it! :D

Oh, and you can't beat a bit of bronze in the sun!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts