2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Spent one hour today driving the new 2.2 ES. the last time I had such a smooth and quiet ride,but nowhere near as fast, the car had a coffin in the back. Fabulous car.

·
Jaguar Master Tech
425 Posts
Haven't driven it yet but the Honda side at work has just PDI'd a few demo's. To be honest I think it looks awful compared to the 8th generation!!

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Haven't driven it yet but the Honda side at work has just PDI'd a few demo's. To be honest I think it looks awful compared to the 8th generation!!

worrying! ALL of the demos have been delivered PDI'd already lol

·
Jaguar Master Tech
425 Posts
worrying! ALL of the demos have been delivered PDI'd already lol
They all arrived with dents in the bonnets which was also worrying!! What are the vertical fins below the rear lights all about? The master tech had to check each car over, I assumed he was PDIing them:rolleyes:.

·
Registered
203 Posts
They all arrived with dents in the bonnets which was also worrying!! What are the vertical fins below the rear lights all about? The master tech had to check each car over, I assumed he was PDIing them:rolleyes:.
Ours arrived with dents to the bonnet too, do you know if it under the white plastic wrap?

·
Jaguar Master Tech
425 Posts
Ours arrived with dents to the bonnet too, do you know if it under the white plastic wrap?
Not sure if the wrap covered them, I only work on the Jaguars, they were all about 4-6 inches from the rear edge of the bonnet though.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Cruise Control 9th Gen

Worth noting that unlike the 8th gen, the cruise doesn't cancel when depressing the clutch...

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Worth noting that unlike the 8th gen, the cruise doesn't cancel when depressing the clutch...
If it didn't disengage it would just red line the engine as soon as the clutch was depressed surely?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Are you sure about that?
100% sure on the car I had straight out of the showroom with 20 miles on the clock. Give it a try in one of your cars Dan...

If it didn't disengage it would just red line the engine as soon as the clutch was depressed surely?

No, if you try this on the 8th gen it cancels out CC, try it on the 9th gen and the RPM drops to idle but CC stays engaged, so you could change gears without cancelling of CC. Seems odd or have I stumbled accross the first recall... ;)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Been having a think about why the CC doest cancel when depressing the clutch, the only reason I can think of (if by design) would be so it can also deal with the Adjustable Speed Limiter (LIM)?

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
No, if you try this on the 8th gen it cancels out CC, try it on the 9th gen and the RPM drops to idle but CC stays engaged, so you could change gears without cancelling of CC. Seems odd or have I stumbled accross the first recall... ;)
Strange. So theoretically, you could go from 0 to 70 without even touching the accelerator peddle....

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Been having a think about why the CC doest cancel when depressing the clutch, the only reason I can think of (if by design) would be so it can also deal with the Adjustable Speed Limiter (LIM)?
My 2005 Laguna did the same and that had a speed limiter... so you could be right.

Does the CC cancel when pressing the clutch in the 8th Gen? I'll have to try on the way home lol

Either way, does not bother me, I love the CC. It's brilliant to have when I do the long drive to Slovakia from the UK.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
My 2005 Laguna did the same and that had a speed limiter... so you could be right.

Does the CC cancel when pressing the clutch in the 8th Gen? I'll have to try on the way home lol

Either way, does not bother me, I love the CC. It's brilliant to have when I do the long drive to Slovakia from the UK.

My iShift Civic changes gear (auto or manual mode) without cancelling cruise. I think most autos do it this way. Essential really, because on hilly motorways it can't really maintain speed without it.

Thay's why I've never understood the point of manuals with cruise that cancel with gear change.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
I'm driving from London to Leeds and back on friday, will report back after that....

·
Registered
29 Posts
The manual (p 276) says "When engine speed slow down, try to downshift .
You can maintain the set speed if you change gear within fives seconds."
P 278 says to cancel cruise "depress the clutch pedal for five seconds or more".
This is one of five ways. Also cruise can be set from 19 to 124 mph.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts