2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen the new civic on sale at my local honda dealership, £26,995 ? You must be mad to pay that sort of money. No wonder I haven't seen any around, in all honesty I have probably only seen 1 driving on the roads and the funny thing was it was a demonstrator with the stickers along the side.

·
Administrator
21,236 Posts
That price is for the top spec EX-GT.

There are a few on here already but I certainly wouldn't pay that money for a Civic.

When the time comes I'll go for the ES-T which is cheaper but does have the important bits.

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Their £16000 tax free over here, I'm holding out for a Type R version if that ever happens. ;-)

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Must just add my comments.
JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION
I am not mad, neither am I rich but I have worked hard all my life and due to early retirement, was in a position to "treat" myself.
What to get?
Reliability?
I bought my first Civic in 2000. Brand new. 1.5. Serviced once a year. Part exchanged in 2003 after requiring one stop light bulb.
Bought 2nd Civic, 2.0 S. Brand new. Kept that for four years. Serviced once a year. Needed nothing. Part exchanged for my 3rd Civic in 2007. Type R GT. Best value for money car I have ever had. I must admit, I did have to replace all the brakes and discs, well you would wouldn't you?
All the cars have done similar mileage (10K a year, which I accept is not huge), and in similar circumstances.
I have now gone mad and spent nearly 30K on a .......Civic.
I have professionally driven BMW - Mercedes - Jaguar
This current car is as good as, if not better in certain circumstances, than anything the above can provide with a similar spec and price.
Problem is, it's a Honda!
I am sitting down and ready for the comments........

Reactions: Silverwing

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Good on you.

I have the EX GT and though a little expensive, I thought, it does have every extra you can imagine and is a fabulous car.

I reckon if you look at other makes and factor in all the extras you would need to reach the EX GT I bet there is nothing in it.

Buzby

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Cheers Buzby.
Always an individual, personal choice but this car is without a doubt (IMO), better than the 3 series and most people consider that to be the world leader. Similar spec well over £30K!
I am obviously hoping the sustained reliability I have been fortunate to have in the past, will continue.
Enjoy.
Mel

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
When are they bringing out the bigger engine versions of them as like you just said they grow on you but my only problem is. Is that I'd like a faster version. Maybe do an engine donation from my CTR. ;-)

If I had that sort of cash to do it and the know how.

·
Registered
429 Posts
My ES-T Auto was worth every penny. It is the first of 20+ brand new cars I have bought that had absolutely nothing wrong with it on delivery. It's a fabulous car to drive and so much more comfortable than a BMW.

The Honda magic seats make the car incredibly versatile. I don't want a 4 door with fixed seats and a boot. (I do miss my bench front seat but then that seems to have been dropped everywhere).

Also it has a proper auto gear box. How many Audi, Ford, BMWs etc have that! No wonder I leave them all standing at the traffic lights.

The engine seems to have unlimited power on the motorway.

With the extras its even cheap at the price. Why should we expect 2002 prices in 2012?

Reactions: jefkandoo

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,434 Posts
Live for yourself and not others. :facepalm: .......its your money so spend it what you like........you cant take with you. People buy super sports cars and then stick em in a garage and never drive em....whats the point. Buy, drive,enjoy while oil still exists

·
Registered
365 Posts
Must just add my comments.
JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION
I am not mad, neither am I rich but I have worked hard all my life and due to early retirement, was in a position to "treat" myself.
What to get?
Reliability?
I bought my first Civic in 2000. Brand new. 1.5. Serviced once a year. Part exchanged in 2003 after requiring one stop light bulb.
Bought 2nd Civic, 2.0 S. Brand new. Kept that for four years. Serviced once a year. Needed nothing. Part exchanged for my 3rd Civic in 2007. Type R GT. Best value for money car I have ever had. I must admit, I did have to replace all the brakes and discs, well you would wouldn't you?
All the cars have done similar mileage (10K a year, which I accept is not huge), and in similar circumstances.
I have now gone mad and spent nearly 30K on a .......Civic.
I have professionally driven BMW - Mercedes - Jaguar
This current car is as good as, if not better in certain circumstances, than anything the above can provide with a similar spec and price.
Problem is, it's a Honda!
I am sitting down and ready for the comments........
Couldn't agree more, good on you!

People who say "I certainly wouldn't pay that money for a Civic" haven't got a clue what they are talking about imo. Makes it sound like a second rate car, which it certainly isn't.

The car is 100% reliable and has the best spec. for the money in the market.

Enjoy.

Steve

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wouldn't pay £27k for any car purely cause I can't afford it, regardless of it being a Civic or BMW.

As I am a tight wad I stick to the second hand market and let someone else take the hit on depreciation.:D
If you’ve worked hard all your live and that’s what you want good for you. My dad worked hard with his own business when he retired bought a 40k motor home. He still won’t let me use it though.:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts