2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As post says. Had the clutch replaced and when I start the car first thing in morning or generally after the engine has cooled down the car struggles to start and I have to hold the engine start button a few seconds longer and when starting it's more shaky/violent and louder.

Car runs and drives fine and sounds the same even when idling, it's just when starting it.

Is this normal?

I know I'm not imagining it as I checked the dash cam of when the guy from the dealership picked up the car. It took him a couple of attempts to start it and said "urmm okay" to himself

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Started in neutral. Not touching clutch

Not entirely sure what they removed. Took some bits out the engine compartment and battery. Jacked the car up and did some stuff under there. But garage is obviously closed so can't speak to them until tomorrow.

Just wondering if this normal for a new clutch or not.

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took it to the garage. I also found out they changed the fly wheel too, if that changes anything.

I showed the video of me starting the car that morning, and they weren't sure what the issue was. I can't repeat the fault as the engine has to be cooled down, starts fine when warm.

We agreed I'd give it a week and see if anything changes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts