2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am one of the many on a waiting list for a Civic. My dealer in Rotherham has told me to expect delivery in October.
I will be trading in my Mazda RX-8 for a Milano Red 2.2 i-CTDi EX with Black Leather and Glass Roof, I may decide to get the body coded Spoiler not sure yet.

I am looking forward to the improved fuel economy that this car gives as well as the added lugage space.
My daughter has already decided to call the Civic "Robby" as she says it reminds her of Robby the Robot or something that Robocop would drive.

All the best and keep it the shiny side up.
Velocity :lol:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Welcome velocity [smilie=nod.gif]

Your daughter seems to be more excited than you... and thats a good sign [smilie=superkewl.g: and "Robby" sounds and look great..

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Hello Velocity, and welcome. What is the RX8 like re. fuel ?. You'll see the diesel economy varies from mid forties up to mid sixties, I'm doing 47.3 at the moment, on mainly suburban journeys with the odd motorway thrown in.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Welcome Velocity, good to have another Yorkshireman on board, spent a lot of time in Rotherham as a kid, used to stand behind the Chuckle Bros at Millmoor. Where abouts you living, I used to live in a Village called Harthill, on the way out towards Worksop.

Good choice of colour, the Red looks great in the flesh. I hadn't seen one till I picked mine up at the dealers, wasn't disappointed.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
richierich said:
Welcome Velocity, good to have another Yorkshireman on board, spent a lot of time in Rotherham as a kid, used to stand behind the Chuckle Bros at Millmoor. Where abouts you living, I used to live in a Village called Harthill, on the way out towards Worksop.

Good choice of colour, the Red looks great in the flesh. I hadn't seen one till I picked mine up at the dealers, wasn't disappointed.
I'm also a South Yorkshireman. Welcome to the forums :)

Or should that be -- Welcome t'forums.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Welcome Velocity - hope you enjoy the forums

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome Velocity - there are a lot of cars arriving in October. Lets hope they keep the QC under control !!!

Not sure what our two year old will call the car once she sees it on the drive.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Welcome Velocity, did yourself and all the other new members on here all arrive on the same boat - so many new members! :)

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
And yet more welcomes Velocity, neat forum name for a neat car :)

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Hi Velocity, glad you found us. ;)

You should be absolutely fine with both your requirements.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the welcome everybody, the forum is full of good advice as well as light hearted banter.

In answer to elfa7's question the RX-8 returns around 25mpg a little over if driving like a granny (No disrespect meant to any grannies on the forum)

Richierich, I moved to Bramley about a year ago from Sheffield.

Again thanks for the warm welcome, I am sure I will spend quite a lot of time on the forum trying to keep up with all the new posts and owners.

Velocity

1 - 12 of 12 Posts