2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I traded in my Silver Type S for a Deep Sapphire Blue CTR midweek.

First of all I have to say the difference is astounding!!! Soooo much more power.

Since picking her up I have purchased a HKS RSK, I fitted it today and lost a screwdriver in the process. I think I am going to need to get the axel stands out and remove the plastic bottom panel.
:facepalm:

The RSK sounds brilliant, for anyone who is considering getting one, Stop considering and buy it. Took about an hour to fit, not too complex thanks to the How To guide by Loxxy.

After spending 20 minutes looking for the elusive screwdriver I gave up and decided to give the girl her first wash, wax and photoshoot. The light was failing by the end of the wax off process so probably does not do it justice TBH.

For all interested on the detailing I used Autoglym Shampoo then Autoglym HD Wax.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Here's a few pics to follow:

Wax On:

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Wax Off:

Half the roof done

The bonnet done

Shiney

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Easily one of the best colours the FN2 comes in. Very Very NICE!

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Very nice! What else have you got planned? Saw one same colour at Holdcrofts the other week with the GP pack on, looked good! Your money will soon disappear looking on here! :D

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Stevey.

I did love my Silver CTS as well though, before my wife FINALLY caved in and agreed to buying this, I was planning on getting my CTS coded with the GP kit like yours. ;)

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The GP kit is nice, im going to try and get into TDI North as soon as possible to get the FRS stage 2 done. After that im torn between spending cash on the GP kit or Flash Pro.

Going to take it slow with any further expense. My insurance has jumped up a fair amount moving to the Type R, plus I am not sure how much more it's going to cost me in fuel per week.

So far I have been a little heavy footed - just love that rsk vtec growl!! :D

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Do you have the GP Kit on the front and back dave?

May be a stupid question, but what colour do you specify the center section to be? Nighthawk black, Crystal black?

Edit that, just noticed the picture you have of the DSB with GP kit in your gallery is not your car.

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Looks great matey! if I was honest my favourite colour too:)

Regarding your mods - get the flash pro transforms even a standard car and will make the most out of your RSK / HKS braided 6 line kit also a must have FN2 mod!!

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the comments :)

I really had my heart set on a championship white model. I have been seriously considering buying one since March, I only changed my mind this month!

Initially from the pictures I wasn't sure about the red interior with the blue paint, but as soon as I saw her I didn't have any doubts.

The dealership cleaned and polished the car midweek, so I didn't bother polishing yesterday. Besides my my wife is already complaining about how much time I am spending on 'The Car'.

So sorry robbo i'm not sure what they used.

I normally try and do any mods myself, that's half the fun. I did the front brakes (pads and discs) in my CTS, never got round to doing the brake lines are they hard to do?

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Niiiiiice car. The FRS is the best mod, you'll love it. Get some springs on it at the same time and drop the stance a bit, looks soooo much better with that done :)

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
very nice mate..
:cool:

·
Likes this
407 Posts
White alloys would look nice :) good job with the waxing too :)

Dan

·
WARRIOR
2,107 Posts
Love this colour, its by far the best Honda colour;):worms:

·
Registered
99 Posts
did u wax the whole car before taking it off? surely it was a bugger to get off? panel by panel for me!

results are stunning! i'd stick rage's on her now, white wheels would cheapen the car IMO.

Reactions: damocivic
1 - 20 of 29 Posts