2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted to replace my scratchy shiny scratch dash surround for the one that the Type-R has... However, the one thing stopping me is the fact that I have an EX model meaning that the Type-R dash would leave a hole where the headlight levelling switch would be (the EX has no headlight levelling switch due to it having xenons - which auto-levelling).

My question is this - does anyone know if the new Type-R style dash will now be available "properly" (i.e. no hole) for the EX model? And would I be able to order it from a Honda dealer and retro-fit?

Thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
Why not get the Type R Dash and fit the headlight switch to plug the hole, doesn't need to work. Or wire up something else to a switch fitted there? Or use that area to mount something there, Mobile phone holder?

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies!

I've seen how people with an EX have fitted the Type-R dash (using grommets, etc) - but to be honest, it's not for me.
I was just wondering if the new Type-R style dash would fit in my EX without having any unused holes?

·
Registered
66 Posts
you must be able to buy a type r dash without the whole,like in Belgium if you buy the type r gt, you have xenon as standard in it.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
That button is I think going to be for hill start/ice-snow assist, rather than anything else, as the R has a blanked of hole there, as it is an I-shift option only, and there is also a sport button (if it anything like the jazz sport mode, it is essentially a fancy indicator knob.).

Tom

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wow, I reallly reallly dislike the non reflective dash! I think it looks horid!

So far my dash surround (56 plate) has held up well with no real scratches to speek of!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts