2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
><((('> o O
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not really a new engine.
But basically i was in the dealer's talking about the revamped engine in the new accord (which i will add is now 150ps) and he was saying that this would inevitably be making it's way into the civic as well as they don't want to have to make different engines....

So any rumours/news of whether we'd be seeing this improved engine in the 2009 model?

Answers on a postcard to www.civinfo.com

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
Think you will find it will be the all new model in 2011 will get the i-dtec
though stranger things have happened

·
><((('> o O
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2011, that's quite a wait!

I do wish that honda did different power options on their diesels like other manufacturers. 170ps would be nice!

·
Mondeo Mann is here!!
1,333 Posts
Think you will find it will be the all new model in 2011 will get the i-dtec
though stranger things have happened
As Brodick says it would be the all new model that will more than likely get the i-DTEC. One good thing though is that it comes it two states of tune, 150PS and 180PS which was stated in Auto Express a few months ago when the Accord came out

·
><((('> o O
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As Brodick says it would be the all new model that will more than likely get the i-DTEC. One good thing though is that it comes it two states of tune, 150PS and 180PS which was stated in Auto Express a few months ago when the Accord came out
Is that factually correct?
The current new accord is only offered as a 150ps model.
I'm waiting for the day when they offer 180ish!

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
I'm thinking the day they are released, Superchips will start making a killing on their remap services for existing Civic owners :D

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
It is curious that they don't offer different variations on the power outputs. They could easily be engineered without difficulty to do so. I guess that maybe a petrol engine and diesel engine with the same power output simplifies things for the masses.

And hopefully we'll get to see a Type D when the model is replaced altogether!

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
Probably because Honda are so new to the diesel engine
other manufacturers such as PSA (peugeot & Citroen) BMW, Ford etx have been making diesels for years and years and years
where as Honda have not - I am sure they are working on it:)

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
Probably because Honda are so new to the diesel engine
other manufacturers such as PSA (peugeot & Citroen) BMW, Ford etx have been making diesels for years and years and years
where as Honda have not - I am sure they are working on it:)
Not only have other manufacturers been working on Diesels for years and years, but they all share (Ford, PSA, Mini all use the same engines) Vauxhall diesels are Fiat units etc etc, Honda 'only' make 4 million cars worldwide and their two biggest markets (USA and Japan) are not diesel buyers.
What annoys me is when manufacturers offer an engine in two states of tune and charge many hundreds more for the more powerful unit when it is only a remap. VAG 1.9 TDi engine spring to mind instantly. Also the BMW 318d and the 320d are the same engine I think!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts