2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got round to getting the disks and pads done and while I was at it I though a wee touch up for the calipers too!! :)

Also a pic of the disaster slider bolt that cause a bit of ball ache!! :mad:

Disc brake Auto part Vehicle brake Brake Automotive wheel system

Auto part Disc brake Brake Vehicle brake Wheel

Auto part Machine

Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys, Bog, it's Hammerite Smooth Silver.

Two coats with about 2-3 hours inbetween. As I was changing the disks aswell I had the calipers stripped down so a damn good scrub with the wire brush and then a good dust down before painting. Much easier if you have them aprt but can easily be done with calipers still on the car.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
What discs and pads have you gone for?

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
I think your disc's are the wrong way around mate.
I had a set off them for my Astra 1.9cdti & I sent them an Email to ask which way the groove should point.
They sent me this pic:-

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm, me and my mate had a discussion about that and thought we got it right :confused: I'm sure i looked on the forum and saw a few going the way we put them. They should mark the disk so everyone knows! :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ah Sh*te!! :facepalm: Well had to get something wrong I suppose!

I'll get them changed about when the weather picks up. Does it make that much difference? Would I get away withleaving them as they are?

TIPS:

Take your time!
Do it in the daylight, not when it's pitch black with a lamp!

It's very easy to do as long as you do the above. May need an impact driver to get your disks off if the bolts are siezed.

Make sure you use copper grease on the back of the pads and the tips, I also put some on the inside of your alloy and on the hub.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Ah Sh*te!! :facepalm: Well had to get something wrong I suppose!

I'll get them changed about when the weather picks up. Does it make that much difference? Would I get away withleaving them as they are?
Know the feeling mate, just when you've screwed everything together and thought 'job done' you realise something :facepalm: its the worst feeling.

I think the design of the grooves on the discs are meant to be mounted in a way which flings out the heat as the disc rotates like booboo's diagram shows.

As for making much difference I'd imagine it would reduce heat dissipation and braking efficiency slightly.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I need to get discs and pads soon so will have to have a look around.

In the past I have tried vented and drilled discs but I was put off them as I found them quite noisy when braking. Kind of like a whirring sound that wasnt to my cup of tea. Was I unlucky or do all drilled/grooved discs do this?

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
These ones are fine. There not drilled, there dimpled so will be quiet. If they were fully drilled the air can pass through and you'd get the noise you mentioned.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Ive got them type on mine got my mate to do them at the garage he works at and he is really good mechancic has he does complete engine rebuilds and mine are fitted like that i said are they on the correct way?and he said yes has with the grooves on the discs it was to drag more cold air in.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.