2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m after a new drivers door card.

Anyone know how easy it’ll be to transfer everything over (arm rest, inner door opening mechanism etc)?

Cheers,
Alex

·
Registered
120 Posts
Never done it myself, however, I've seen videos on YouTube of it being done and it's not a big deal to remove the old for card. Why would you need to transfer anything over? Is it not a complete replacement?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never done it myself, however, I've seen videos on YouTube of it being done and it's not a big deal to remove the old for card. Why would you need to transfer anything over? Is it not a complete replacement?
It’s just the door card, direct from Honda. An entire door card (new) would cost a fortune.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I see, well the door card itself isn't much of a faff and honestly I don't see how moving everything over would be too difficult. Just make sure you're gentle as from my experience old clips and plastics on this car can be very fragile and brittle. I'd invest in some trim removal tools like this:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've taken it off in past when I was fitting the auto mirror lock system.

Its really easy to take off, just get a trim tool so you don't mark it, and maybe get spare clips just incase. but if you're careful its easy to take off.

when you pull it off make sure you're pulling it off same pressure evenly over the whole door card, and to put it back on make sure the clips are already hooked onto the door card rather than the actual door otherwise you'll break the clips or the door card.

good luck! ps ebay has lots of cheap ones

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! This is a brand new Honda door card direct from Honda so although it’ll come with all new clips etc I’ll need to move the switch gear, cushion pads and door opening mechanism over. I can’t imagine it’s too hard though. Probably just a few screws and clips (I hope).

·
Registered
120 Posts
Update us on how it goes! Would be interesting to see how you get on as my door cards could also do with a refresh now that I think about it 😆

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update us on how it goes! Would be interesting to see how you get on as my door cards could also do with a refresh now that I think about it
Will do!

I’m hoping it’s a straight forward job.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Door card is on its way to me. Due for delivery Monday.

Interestingly, I got the last one and the drivers door card is now discontinued. Odd seeing as though you could still buy one 8-9 years ago.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To be honest mate I was surprised you where even able to still buy one!
I thought they’d have plenty. I wouldn’t have thought it was a part that sold regularly so I expected plenty of back stock.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I thought they’d have plenty. I wouldn’t have thought it was a part that sold regularly so I expected plenty of back stock.
Well unfortunately Honda has stopped manufacturing the vast majority of parts for our cars with the exception of engine components (you can actually still buy a brand new engine believe it or not!) But good luck trying to buy or source interior bits and pieces. Im on a bit of a mission to restore my FN2 to like new condition and wanted essentially an all new interior.... nope! :rolleyes: nothing in stock or being made sadly. But then again these cars started rolling off the production line 13 years ago!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well unfortunately Honda has stopped manufacturing the vast majority of parts for our cars with the exception of engine components (you can actually still buy a brand new engine believe it or not!) But good luck trying to buy or source interior bits and pieces. Im on a bit of a mission to restore my FN2 to like new condition and wanted essentially an all new interior.... nope! :rolleyes: nothing in stock or being made sadly. But then again these cars started rolling off the production line 13 years ago!
What parts in particular?

I’ve refreshed a number of interior trim items and never had issues (Odometer visor, B pillar trim, steering column trim, that rectangular trim above the radio etc...)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Would you mind sending me the link please mate? When I scrolled through the catalog I saw that there was very little still being sold. Maybe we're on different sites?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would you mind sending me the link please mate? When I scrolled through the catalog I saw that there was very little still being sold. Maybe we're on different sites?
Check out lings Honda. Anything that isn’t available will show as discontinued.

·
Super Moderator
1,292 Posts
Watch out though.
"Discontinued" means that no new parts are being produced, it doesn't mean that there is no stock in the supply chain. Showing the part as discontinued means that the public cannot see what the list price was and gives the opportunity for the dealer to effectively charge a premium for "rare" parts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts