2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much discussion my dealer has agreed to replace door on new 1.8si as he accepts it was scratched pre delivery. Touch up paint applied by the dealer failed to disguise it.

Are there any problems with changing the door on a new car eg paint match ?. He mentioned that they have to break the "seal" - is this likely to be a problem ?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
After much discussion my dealer has agreed to replace door on new 1.8si as he accepts it was scratched pre delivery. Touch up paint applied by the dealer failed to disguise it.

Are there any problems with changing the door on a new car eg paint match ?. He mentioned that they have to break the "seal" - is this likely to be a problem ?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much
If it's just a scratch - i.e. no dent or gouge in the metal - I'd be wanting the door (and possibly the whole side) properly resprayed, rather than the door replaced ...

Reactions: surepay

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
+ 1 of the above!

If there are no dents then its much better to get it resprayed IMO!

Reactions: surepay

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Why the hell are you having the door replaced for a scratch?? I highly doubt that a dealer has agreed to do that.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
You should get Chips Away in to repair it, I would avoid replacing or respraying the whole door. The only way to get a good job is to get them to respay the door and get it blown in to the doors and wing.

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
There's no way a dealer will spend £200 on a new door plus painting and labour.

They will probably just paint it.

As for breaking the seals not got a clue what that's meant to mean.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
There's no way a dealer will spend £200 on a new door plus painting and labour.

They will probably just paint it.

As for breaking the seals not got a clue what that's meant to mean.
And the rest......

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Same issue i had picked car up and had a scratch on the wing they sparyed the wing, bonnet and the door to colour match it. had to go back twice beacuse i was not happy with it but all sorted now. CHECK THE REPAIR!!! before excepting it back but my dealer was more than helpfull..

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
As above... Even if they say the are replacing the door, they won't! filler and paint is what you will get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts