2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been told my new car is already built and can be deliver to me asap (only ordered last week), question is how long would this likely to have been built (dont want a car thats been standing in a field for months) and would it included the i-mid updates ive read about?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Been told my new car is already built and can be deliver to me asap (only ordered last week), question is how long would this likely to have been built (dont want a car thats been standing in a field for months) and would it included the i-mid updates ive read about?
Depends. Speak to your dealer and confirm you want a MY13

·
Registered
5 Posts
Picked up my new Civic last night - 2.2 EX. They did a fantastic price, but was gutted that it didn't have the features advertised in the Brochures they had.

Missing Parking Sensors, DAB and Dimming Mirror.

I get that it was a great price, but really disappointed that it's only by getting it home that you find out it's not what the brochure says.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Picked up my new Civic last night - 2.2 EX. They did a fantastic price, but was gutted that it didn't have the features advertised in the Brochures they had.

I get that it was a great price, but really disappointed that it's only by getting it home that you find out it's not what the brochure says.
I think that if that was me, I would not be wasting time on a computer forum, but would be camping out in the dealers showroom.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

when did you place your order?

Oh well looks like a visit to dealers to confirm my13 build. Surely dealers should inform you that the car might not be as brochure?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered it last weekend (9th) and collected on Friday.

I've rung them up and said I don't care about a lot of it, but the Parking Sensors I do care about. The guy said he'll talk to his manager and see what he can do, but given they took so much off the car they're not sure there's much more then can do.

Had they started the conversations with "I can take this much off the car, but it won't be the MY13 spec" then I'd have at least had the option to take it into consideration.

It also puts a downer on the fact that it's my first ever new car (and also the fact that my last car - an A5 - had all of this).

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
when did you place your order?

Oh well looks like a visit to dealers to confirm my13 build. Surely dealers should inform you that the car might not be as brochure?
After reading the original post a little closer, I think there was a clue in why a "fantastic price" was offered!

Although I am very happy with my 2012 Civic I would not be if I was buying new in March 2013 and expecting a 2013 spec, car!

·
Registered
429 Posts
My 2012 ES-T came with front and rear parking sensors but only because I ordered two of the packs.

There must be ML12 ES-Ts around with parking sensors. I will however be very upset if I cannot get the DAB retro fitted on my car.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,253 Posts
I'm sure Dan said that the DAB required a totally new aerial setup ? The shark fin is larger to accommodate it ?

You'll probably need a different head unit as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts