2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
aka "Matthew"
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new civic. Some very small mods so far thinking of painting the alloys and getting colour coded

Added a type r gear nob and gaiter

·
aka "Matthew"
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I had a look through some of your photos. I love the colour.
It's amazing! Every time I look at it I can't help but smile. The only thing I'm struggling with is the clutch but I think I'm getting used to it now. I just have to give more gas than I am used to. Still its a big step up from a Saxo VTR lol

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Thanks! I had a look through some of your photos. I love the colour.
It's amazing! Every time I look at it I can't help but smile. The only thing I'm struggling with is the clutch but I think I'm getting used to it now. I just have to give more gas than I am used to. Still its a big step up from a Saxo VTR lol
Ah that's all the polish covering the swirls ;) It's a beautiful model in fairness. Nothing quite like it on the roads for the money.
It was a bit of a jump for me too, from a 55bhp 1.2 Polo 9n3.
If it's the bite you're struggling with, there's a how to section which i've found really helpful, you find stuff like this:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/99643-how-adjust-clutch-biting-point-fn2.html

·
aka "Matthew"
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, had a good read through this the other day. i think I'll give it a shot on Thursday. I'm Just worried I'm gonna mess it up lol
I'm guessing you have done this. How did you find it?

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Nice car pal, let the modding commence lol

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
I certainly would, the car sounds superb with it on. I did get a slight flat spot just under 2000 revs in the first few month but it's gone now. Great mod for £70

·
aka "Matthew"
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I seem to have a flat spot there without one. It doesnt seem to pick up until after 2000 revs. Ive been reading about remaps as apparently they can make the throttle response a lot better and get rid of flat spots. I'm considering it but i dont think its necessary at the moment.
Where did you get yours from? Every where i look they seem to be £90 - £100

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Yeah just looked, seems like they've gone up abit, they're selling on eBay for £87.59.

I've thought about the remap before myself but it's hard to justify the price for very little gains.

·
aka "Matthew"
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nah the car came like that. They could do with a bit of a clean up to be honest but they still look decent. Well done for spotting them lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts