·
Registered
512 Posts
Me 2

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the link I quoted is clicked, and the resulting page is scrolled down, it says "NEW" panel filter, I have not seen this before and ABP have only just started stocking it.

So there ;)

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
I,m waiting for K&N to finally get theirs out !!

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let me know what they say please matey, I guess I just want to know whether the BMC warrants twice the money!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Any update on this, anyone fitted one?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I would be interested in getting a panel filter for the time being as anything that improves the breathing of the engine gets a tick in my book. Definitely considering the gruppe M once the winter passes

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Yeah, I've fitted already one half a year ago. Nothing to say, it's no worth it. It's little bit louder than OEM filter, but you will loose BHP. Better to wait for GruppeM.

·
Registered
340 Posts
do you have any evidence that you lose bhp? Its strange because you're still using the standard equipment but just improving the filter which is a straight forward change isn't it?

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Let me know what they say please matey, I guess I just want to know whether the BMC warrants twice the money!
Rang ABP and have ordered the BMC filter as they sell more of these than the HKS which is now apparently £49.00

Was told it should give an improved throttle response and may give marginal power gain.

I'll let you know what I think when it's fitted

Next on the list is Fast Road just wish ABP were closer :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
do you have any evidence that you lose bhp? Its strange because you're still using the standard equipment but just improving the filter which is a straight forward change isn't it?
Not exactly. MAF Sensor decide how many air flow should through the intake. BMC wrote that this filter is more airflow approx 40% more. What does it mean? Nothing, because MAF sensor decide about air flow. If you wont really improve your Type R, fitt the GruppeM intake. The rest of them is waste of money.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rang ABP and have ordered the BMC filter as they sell more of these than the HKS which is now apparently £49.00

Was told it should give an improved throttle response and may give marginal power gain.

I'll let you know what I think when it's fitted

Next on the list is Fast Road just wish ABP were closer :rolleyes:
Thanks Ian :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts