2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just thought I would sign up here because almost every question I had about 8th Gen Civics that I google'd lead me to here!

Ive always been an absolute car fanatic since I was a wee boy and had a few nice toys in my 3 years of driving so far, will give a small rundown of what ive owned :)

1st car was a 2004 Honda Civic EP2 sport. Great little car and never gave any bother!

Went from that to a 1997 Nissan Skyline R33 GTST - had a lot of fun in this car then the gearbox went so decided to sell it for parts!

After the craziness that was the Skyline I wanted something a bit more subtle so went for a RS Megane 225, and remapped it too 265bhp!

I then sold that and got by far the maddest car ive ever owned! Which was a '98 Nissan Silvia S14a - drift spec. Was sitting around 350bhp by the time I was finished. Only got rid of due to get into alot of trouble with the law lol

Next up was a 1998 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V (5) Epic car, 320bhp, remains the only car I couldnt drive properly. Was waaaaaaay more capable than I am and it scared the life out of me to push it harder!

And that has now lead me to my FN2!! Its completely stock at the minute but have a few ideas for it. Have already ordered a Mugen wing :D

Definitely a step back in power compared to my other cars but its a welcome step back!! Like to see near 30mpg compared to 13mpg lol

Hope to learn a lot about these epic little cars on this site, and gonna order my supporter stickers later tonight :)

Cheers
Casey

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome folks! Got my support sticker ordered, I like to support sites like these that are just packed with info!

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
You have toned it down going from the cars you had to the civic.
Some real nice cars there, the Silvia is a topper. ( more pics wouldn't hurt ):p

What's the plans for the civic?

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah the Silvia was definitely the pick of the cars that I've had. Serious money spent on it, only original parts of the body where the doors and roof, had 35mm wide front wings and 75mm rear quarters and a set of 18x10 rota gtrd with 30mm spacers on the rear, the spec list was about 2 pages long lol will fire up some more photos later and if I can find some of the videos I had of me doing a spot of drifting in her.

Plan to buy another for the summer as a weekend toy :)

As for the FN2 gonna do a bit of a Mugen rep I think just :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SHOCKD
4,351 Posts
Yeah the Silvia was definitely the pick of the cars that I've had. Serious money spent on it, only original parts of the body where the doors and roof, had 35mm wide front wings and 75mm rear quarters and a set of 18x10 rota gtrd with 30mm spacers on the rear, the spec list was about 2 pages long lol will fire up some more photos later and if I can find some of the videos I had of me doing a spot of drifting in her.

Plan to buy another for the summer as a weekend toy :)

As for the FN2 gonna do a bit of a Mugen rep I think just :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice!! Looking forward to these pics and videos :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Awesome list of cars there. Weren't they an absolute pain to maintain and run? I can't imagine them holding up like a honda would. I like those evo's a lot have contemplated getting one of them but the maintenance and running costs keep scaring me off. I changed from my fn2 to a dc5 as sort of compromise, way more JDM points but still hassle free lol. The fn2 is an underrated civic. Very complete package in my opinion and still blow 2014 interior designs out the water. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the comments folks!

Here some more S14 pics as requested :)

Cant seem to find the SD card from my gopro with all the videos of doing a spot of street hooning on it. One of them showed one of my rear tires decided they had enough tortune and wanted to get off the rim lol

Had a lot of great memories in that car although most days it was spent like this lol

@ryan91 Yeah the s14 and Evo where definitely not easy run/maintained. On a good day the s14 got around 25mpg, the Evo struggled to get 13mpg lol As for maintaining, the S14 cost me around £1900 in the 6 months i owned it, mostly with replacing clutches and a turbo. The evo cost me a fraction over £2700 in 6 months which is just ludicrous, which is why its now sold!

The CTR does feel quite slow compared to the rest but im happy about that, have had lots of fun in the other cars but just need the reliability/comfort of the CTR!

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Liking the collection!!
Evo V looked awesome.
Were those donut lines anything to do with the gearbox going on the Skyline ........ ? !!!
You've got the best looking one now I reckon - not biased at all, but FN2's look great.
Al.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hahaha actually yes they where! Was having some "fun" in my yard and all i remember was trying to go from 2nd to 3rd and hearing the bang and crunch, there was probably smoke aswell but there was already alot of smoke around at that time ;) ;)

Definitely very pleased with the FN, love how I can just jump into them and go where I need to go, without having to worry about anything going bang, or the cops pulling me in for having a "boy racer looking car" lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts