2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new to the forum recently acquired a 2008 Deep Bronze (FN2) with relatively low miles....

I have come across after owing a Golf GTI & R, The FN2 is certainly a different proposition altogether.,but not question a fun drive.

Mods done to the car upon me taking ownership... , big up thank you to stevie @ grinspeed, professional open and transparent, top marks..

-Mfactory LSD
-Mfactory Carbon synchros
-Exedy clutch w lightweight Flywheel
-Teigwa catback exhaust
-Full setup & Alignment
-Merlin remap - launch control, flat food shifting, down shift blip & crackle on overrun.... Thanks to King Tuna
+Addded new Piolt sport 4's

Drives wayyy better and gearbox is refreshed. I still notice the box can be a bit hesitant going on 2nd & 3rd, have found that a weighted shifter really helps matters. I will look to change to the MT90 redline oil to see if changes can continue to be made smoother

It already has a HKS induction kit, HIDs, Eibach 30mm springs with new shocks set up by area motorsports last year.

I'm not done there though

To do:

-Acuity linkage bushes
-Acuity shifter bushes
-Brembo BBK Conversation from freaky parts
-All braided brake lines
-Premium sound system with audio upgrade, reverse camera
-Dashcam hard wire fittted

-Potentially polybushing suspension components but undecided at this time

Was considering supercharging this unit but really enjoying the NA engine for what it is the LSD holds corners like glue

I'm also at looking a Hyundai i30N in addition to this car, this being the project.

Can anyone else recommend decent Mods that are worth doing that I missed

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers man wen I get my sound system fitted il b looking at tightening up the speedo area and door cards speaker surrounds with some sound deadening, can't be dealing with rattles

May also look at ubdersealing options. I'm looking to keep this motor for a minimum of at least 5yrs providing it don't get wrecked or nicked after il jump on board the eco express, it's one last ride the lost art of pure driver engagement and excitement in a NA car

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
Welcome to the forum and blimey, you don't hang about - tidy updates right there (y)

Will be interested to see how your build progresses.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No idea man got shot of my Golf R
Saw it on ebay and picked it up

Great car but steering seems all over the place, maybe I'm not used it it
Nothing that some front lower arms polys and arb polys can't help iron out

·
Super Moderator
1,103 Posts
Commander2874 is a forum member who has/had a Bronze one, really nice colour.
Shouldn't be too bad with all the work that has been done but if bushes are original maybe now's the time to change to match the other new bits. The LSD will really help in corners & roundabouts.
What mileage on the clock?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wilmo may not be his 1, I think he had a bbk installed this doesn't not sure tbh did he sell up n move on?

Its just above 70k

I had a similar motor Toyota celica t sport 190. That was a high revving engine but 1.8 engine I find the CTR a much better engine. That being said I sold my Toyota with 130k miles on the clock and not a single rattle the build quality was miles ahead

1 - 10 of 10 Posts