2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From now, as a test, there is no requirement to manually type in that you have read the trading rules and will follow them to the letter.

This is because a lot of new posts from the newer traders always omit these words then expect a Moderator to chase behind them with personal PM's etc because they haven't read the Trading Rules and complied.

Instead, this is the updated agreement area:

If you don't check the 'I Agree' box then the post will not be submitted and you will receive an instant warning.

Attachments

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Is it worth adding a line that states

3. The item is only advertised here on this site as per forum rules and I agree to a 1 week ban if I break this rule

·
Super Moderator
21,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestion.

A lot of the banning info is already in the trading rules, that's the problem, they are not read.

Over the years the Trading Rules have evolved, are still evolving, as new situations have arisen and hopefully we have it 99% covered.

The most recent inclusion was the pricing one where the ad needs to clearly state whether the advertised price covers postage costs or not, or is collection only. The number of complaints we received over pricing confusion forced our hand.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Yes I agree but people will still not read the rules and this is a common complaint so make it obvious and to be fair you have also agreed to you ban then if you break the rule

·
Super Moderator
21,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need to attack the trading rules (tomorrow now because it's nearly teatime) and adjust any wording around the magic words.

Apart from the wording change we will still be checking for valid pictures and clear pricing.

Our thoughts are that if the trading rules are not read and a breach occurs then they can read them as a guest for a week or two whilst they have a temp ban.

Advertising elsewhere whilst available here is the usual weeks holiday reason. One is pending now as we scour FB for any sale history.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
If you don't check the 'I Agree' box then the post will not be submitted and you will receive an instant warning.

If you don't check the box then the post won't be submitted, fine... But you then say AND you will receive an instant warning... Presumably even if the post follows the guidelines, not ticking the box still gives you an infraction - is that a joke ? I don't know if you can code that automatically but you guys seriously have some power tripping issues if you think it's not excessive punish someone for not reading properly. No doubt you have a 3 strike ban rule too yeah? This forum isn't so busy or active that you need to be banning people for forgetting to tick a box, even if no rules were broken. We're all adults here and this forum exists because of the members, in times where many forums are dying anyway so we don't need to be treated like school children. CTRO is more active than here and they'll amend the post for you, or give you a chance to rectify it to save wasting your time. That's proper moderating IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are you on about ?

The instant warning is that you haven't checked the agree box. So what you do is check the box that you agree to follow the trading rules and the for sale is put into the moderation queue.

I can't comment on the rest of your post because I didn't understand the rant.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
The warning is just a dialog box @nub not an infraction xD

Reactions: Kremmen and Farqui

·
Super Moderator
21,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Warning was probably not the best word to use.

I will shortly be adding another line into the agreement confirming that the item being sold is not advertised anywhere else. This line will be in the For Sale section only.

Both these lines are there to help as a reminder, not to hinder.

Stop Press: All complete.

Item 2 does not appear in Cars for Sale or Wanted.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
The warning is just a dialog box @nub not an infraction xD

Lol you tested that out to determine this? To me it read that it's giving out auto infractions by not clicking. Can't blame me, that's how it reads
I thought this place had gone mental

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
No but I'm a novie programmer ��

·
Super Moderator
21,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Correct

We've had many a Flashpro sold for up to £400 and the seller, once paid by bank transfer or Paypal gift, has done a moonlight.

We do our best to protect you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts