2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Next generation mapping solution for Honda Civic FN2, FD2, 2006 on S2000 and coming soon Accord K24 and R18.

Loads of new features including adjustable launch control, flat foot shifting, blip on downshift, traction control with ignition cut and tps based mapping so we can finally use ITBs without having to change emus.

Available from next week through us and our tuning partners Abbey Motorsport
More details and pricing to follow but expect to be paying £499.99 for licence and full dyno tune on a basic NA setup.

Boosted setups and configuring traction control, Flatshift and Autoblip will be extra.

Edit:

Had a chance to play with the software and its pretty dammed impressive.

Good thing is as we see things we want to improve and add then they are very receptive to changes and work with you.

Ecutek if people aren't aware is pretty much the industrial standard for remapping stock ECU's in cars like the GT86, EVo's, Scoobs and Nissan GTR and 370Z with all sorts of features.

Remember the Evo FQ's? Well they were Ecutek remapped from factory. Its really that good.

The multi map is an interesting concept as its not so much 4 different map possibilities but you can configure it for all sorts of applications to run protection system, injection systems even multi boost maps live at the press of the button when configured.

We can also run boost by gear now without having to swap to American ECU's with their boost output as Ecutek have found one we can utilize.
This also means we have the possibility of running boost by gear effectively on supercharged cars like the Rotrex shaft drive, Jackson and CT equipped cars or anything else with the throttle after the charger or turbo.

We also don't need to run Race cals as they were known by Hondata where you loose oil pressure switches and the fuel gauge goes wonky.

Few things we need to test further and develop with Ecutek that may cause hiccups is when you change injector sizes and effect it has on gauges and trip meters. Also need to add a few DTC muting options as they have concentrated on the basics and features rather than the little bits and pieces that are nice to have but not essential.

All in all its a must have for highly modified cars and race/circuit cars with so many nice features.

We will be offering the basic mapping and license’s at £460+vat then extra maps, custom stuff, blips, flat shifting etc as an extra cost due to the time it takes.
Traction control isn't yet enabled but the signal handling is all in place. We need to work on a few cars first then it will be available as an option for us to setup later.

I think they are now on Gen4 with the GTRs and if you checkout the videos with the way the traction control works on them with the ignition cuts its pretty epic and the basis of the learning for the setup should be easy enough to cross over to the Honda software.

All in all the tuning game for the 8th gen has just been blown wide open with a whole world of possibilities for us.
Regretting selling my car now! :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
I welcome this I really do, it's going to be a great time for owners now.

FK2 version in 2024 then? :lol: Jokes.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Awesome news. Glad I held off getting a flash pro. I expect tdi to be even more busy!!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Is there an option for a low and high Ron fuel map?

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
So what are people thinking?
My ultimate set up might be
Launch control
Flat foot shifting
Down shift blip
Traction control (might be over kill on a n/a setup)

Map 1 valet mode so no bugger can rip the hell out of if when in for a service.
Map 2 tdi map for fuel economy
Map 3 tdi map magic
Map 4 tdi map with pops and bangs for when I feel like being a prat.
Sounds like a lot of work so might just stick with the above and map 3.

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
So what are people thinking?

My ultimate set up might be

Launch control

Flat foot shifting

Down shift blip

Traction control (might be over kill on a n/a setup)

Map 1 valet mode so no bugger can rip the hell out of if when in for a service.

Map 2 tdi map for fuel economy

Map 3 tdi map magic

Map 4 tdi map with pops and bangs for when I feel like being a prat.

Sounds like a lot of work so might just stick with the above and map 3.

Sounds about right

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I guess it would be quite simple to keep the standard map on setting 1 and then custom tune on 2?

That's my plan if I get my ass in gear

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
If your running a exhaust manifold standard map is no good
Yeah, think I'd only be running catback and intake. Basic stuff. Standard would be fine.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts