2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I hope somebody can help. I'm new here but need some advice! (car is mk8 2007 non-nav)

Fitted a Pioneer head unit in my gfs car yesterday but the clock/temp screen and the steering controls do not work at all.

Got all the correct adaptors and patch leads and it is wired correctly (you don't change anything for Pioneer) so can't work out what has gone wrong.

On top of this, the headlight stalk seems to have gone screwy too. Basically the lights on the dash don't match up to what the headlights are doing. Nothing comes on with the side light switch, side lights come on with the auto switch and there is no way to get high beam on. Was all working before the head unit so I assume it's all linked?

I have had a good look online but can't really find the answer. Apologies if it has been answered.

I'm thinking maybe a faulty steering control black box thing perhaps.

Thanks
Dan

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Hi Dan, are you using a connects 2 wiring loom with a steering wheel control adapter because that is just plug and play system?and it won't interfere with your lighting?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dan, are you using a connects 2 wiring loom with a steering wheel control adapter because that is just plug and play system?and it won't interfere with your lighting?
Yeah, it's all connects2 stuff. I thought that too, but I can't work out what else would have caused it... seems very unusual.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Dont you have to connect it all up in the correct order otherwise you get screwy symptoms such as the above? Not fitted one but am sure i read the order makes a lot of difference when i was researching it.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Did you train the steering wheel controls to your headunit the only reason I ask is because I had to on mine and the temperature and ac / fan ,clock should work the only difference being the word's honda civic shows and they dim when you put you lights on ,may I suggest you remap the ECU thear are a load of threads on here how to. Just dont forget to take your keys out of the ignition first.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Casper may be right, I didn't have to so it didn't affect me , I don't know what the order is for your pianeer get in contact with who you got it off , good luck

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
you need to disconnect everything, it doesn't matter what order you reconnect everything except for the steering wheel control has to be plugged in first and then you should be fine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers all for the replies. Haven't had a chance to have another go. It'll be tomorrow evening in the dark... lovely!

Fingers crossed it goes alright, I'll update either way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No luck... Unplugged everything and plugged in again with every possible combination of orders including the one from the Connects2 video. Still no luck. Nothing on the display screen and no steering controls.

Last resort is the black box may be faulty.

Thoughts??

·
Derv Driver
444 Posts
No luck... Unplugged everything and plugged in again with every possible combination of orders including the one from the Connects2 video. Still no luck. Nothing on the display screen and no steering controls.

Last resort is the black box may be faulty.

Thoughts??
It's possible the black box is dead- had the same issue with my first Connects2 kit- it worked at first (unlike yours- your's might be dead from the factory), but one day it suddenly died. Had to replace the unit- controls were still working but no display.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts