2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've just been tinkering, and I've notice a new headunit app has been released; A widget that allows you to create speed dial buttons that appear on the home screen - Just press the button and it calls, so far fewer submenus etc.
I've created a quick video showing the creation of a widget; It can be installed from the honda app store, so just pop on there with a Wireless connection (Either driveway or mobile hotspot) and you can download and install the app.

·
4,344 Posts
Thanks pal. I have downloaded the app, but can't for the life of me find how to work it.
Can find no button called 'Create widget' as you might expect to find. Come to mention it, I can't even find the widget creator now.:frown2:
But there again, I am a bit of a thicko.0:)

·
4,344 Posts
Thanks for that Steve, I had already read that, but it's about as much use as tits on a fish. Yes it tells you that you can create, edit, delete etc., but it doesn't seem to tell you how.
It tells you "To do this you must place the “Setup Easy Call” widget on your Home screen; " OK, fine, but how on earth do you actually "place the “Setup Easy Call” widget on your Home screen"?

Having had a look at Haltamer's vid, I'll have another look tomorrow. Thanks H.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Its the same as adding any App or Widget to the Home screen (page 328 of OM), you just need to add the Set-up Easy Call widget to any home screen and that will open the edit screen to add the name, number and icon.

You can add a widget to a Home screen in 2 ways.
1. Press and hold a blank area of a home screen and the pop up menu for "Add App, Add Widget and change wallpaper" will pop up and you can select Add widget and select "Setup Easy Call" widget.

2. Open the App list from the home screen change to the widget tab and press and hold the "setup easy call" widget, this will allow you to drag it to any home screen.

Once the widget is added it will automatically open the edit screen.

·
4,344 Posts
Thanks Steve. I'll pop out and try that in a mo.
Shame that info is not either in the help file or a reference to widgets in the OM index.

EDIT:
OK. That worked just fine.

·
4,344 Posts
Why on earth would I want to do that when I said 18 months ago that I had sorted it.

PS We don't like much like spam here so please defend yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts