2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first ever post was hoping somebody could help me out.

I have a 2006 new shape model of the honda civic. I am planning to install a new head unit into the car but I am having trouble finding space.
There is a gap below the standard cd player where you can keep cd's etc.
I was wondering is that the space where aftermarket head units can be installed if you take the compartment out?

The only other option I see is in the glove box, but that is pretty inconvenient...

If anyone has installed an aftermarket head unit in the car could you please let me know where you put it?

Thanks everyone. :p

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Aftermarket head unit.....no i dont think you can in a civic......[sarcasm]
try the search function and wiki.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Yes you can fit an aftermarket cd player into the new shape civic. The facia costs around £200-£220. But you also need to either wire the oem headunit in to the new cd player and store it in the boot so that the power still runs the ac control unit and clock. I also also seen a different clock you can buy and replace the normal clock, but most people keep the standard cd player in the boot.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Yes you can fit an aftermarket cd player into the new shape civic. The facia costs around £200-£220. But you also need to either wire the oem headunit in to the new cd player and store it in the boot so that the power still runs the ac control unit and clock. I also also seen a different clock you can buy and replace the normal clock, but most people keep the standard cd player in the boot.
You can get the facia from gordons Honda for £100. You don't need to keep the oem unit connected either as impulse have made a connector that does away with the headunit and still shows all the controls. I have just fitted a double din in my car and it's all working perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Hello, this is my first ever post was hoping somebody could help me out.

I have a 2006 new shape model of the honda civic. I am planning to install a new head unit into the car but I am having trouble finding space.
There is a gap below the standard cd player where you can keep cd's etc.
I was wondering is that the space where aftermarket head units can be installed if you take the compartment out?

The only other option I see is in the glove box, but that is pretty inconvenient...

If anyone has installed an aftermarket head unit in the car could you please let me know where you put it?

Thanks everyone. :p
Check the ICE forum (In Car Entertainment), http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-mp3-players-ice/28956-great-news.html

That is pretty outdated info. Check the thread i linked above. My own project thread http://www.civinfo.com/forum/modification-projects/31930-my-fn2-project.html also shows how its done with the Impulse adapter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts