2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone have any ideas on how I can solve the following?
I've connected an aftermarket headunit (sony wx900bt) into a 2012 civic using the connects2CTSHO006.2, CTMULTILEAD.2 (keeping pins 1,2,&3 intact and using the jackinto the radio) & CT27AA71. The unit appears to function but there is no sound from the speakers. The Honda display says 'audio off' while the unit is functioning. Compared to the connects2 youtube video on installing a new unit using their installation kit my OEM unit has an extra socket which is left unconnected. I've reconnected the OEM unit which works fine. It could be that I've not connected everything properly or an incompatibility between the connects2 wiring and my car or a problem with the unit itself?

:frown2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
aftermarket head unit - no sound from speakers

I've connected an aftermarket headunit (sony wx900bt) into a 2012 civic using the connects2CTSHO006.2, CTMULTILEAD.2 (keeping pins 1,2,&3 intact and using the jackinto the radio) & CT27AA71. The unit appears to function but there is no sound from the speakers. The Honda display says 'audio off' while the unit is functioning. Compared to the connects2 youtube video on installing a new unit using their installation kit my OEM unit has an extra socket which is left unconnected. I've reconnected the OEM unit which works fine. It could be that I've not connected everything properly or an incompatibility between the connects2 wiring and my car or a problem with the unit itself?
(previously posted by mistake under 8th Gen Forum)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Check Connects2, if it is broken or something.

Also, you can try to remove it all, and reconnect it all over again. I had issue with Connects2, when double din where turning off and on by itself, and I solve that by reconnecting all over again.

"Audio off" message - it's irrelevant, because some of us have it, some don't. I manage to remove it, after connecting wires while engine where running (I posted it in some of my messages).

Hope you will be able to solve this by reconnecting
:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
One issue i ran in to is that the amp needs to be 'on'. I can look it up for you if you want to, what i can think of right now is that there is one wire in the big plug that needs power and does nog get power from the connects-2 kit (I read it somewhere, my situation was different: I bougth a android device from china wich had its own cables and can-bus, but had the same problem).

Then when I connected that wire i had VERY much sound, (beacause te sound was amplified two times i think). Resolved that in anonther way.

I see you have the 1.6 Dtec, so you have the amp (all civic Diesels have it, I read)

·
Premium Member
123 Posts

One issue i ran in to is that the amp needs to be 'on'. I can look it up for you if you want to, what i can think of right now is that there is one wire in the big plug that needs power and does nog get power from the connects-2 kit (I read it somewhere, my situation was different: I bougth a android device from china wich had its own cables and can-bus, but had the same problem).

Then when I connected that wire i had VERY much sound, (beacause te sound was amplified two times i think). Resolved that in anonther way.

I see you have the 1.6 Dtec, so you have the amp (all civic Diesels have it, I read)

Hello, sorry for quoting you guys, but I'm having the same problem (Joying (chinese) unit with connects2 harness - NO SOUND).

How did you solve the problem?

·
Registered
23 Posts
First question, what unit did you replace? The standard unit or a premium one with subwoofer?

Second, do you have a multi meter?

If you have answered premium stereo there is a chance that the amplified signal from the after market unit is too high a voltage for the o.e amplifier input causing it to go into voltage protect.

If you have a multi meter disconnect the speaker output from the harness, set the meter to ac volts and measure 2 of the speaker pins (same could wires, negative will be stripped) with the unit on playing music. You should get a a fluctuating reading that increases with volume. This proves the head unit is functioning as it should

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
I ended up just cutting a spare wire from an unused block that came on the Connects2 kit (labelled lead 629-v1) and sliding that male connector into the main (locking connector) block opposite the white power on/off lead detailed on Eek's post (no.8) below, I then connected the other end of the cable into a spare blue power cable on the Connects2 harness

https://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics-ice-9g/316698-amp-wire.html

Hey presto working sound

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds (ha!) like you had the same problem I've just resolved, see post #4 in this thread for how I ended up resolving the no audio thing - and also using non-amplified sony outputs to drive the Honda amp...
www dot civinfo.com/forum/electronics-ice-9g/419076-wiring-help-need-turn-premium-amp.html#post5443924

(can't post links here yet, apparently, which is a bit of a pain in the yarris.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have just done this and connected the remotecable to the amp, and no it sounds like the stereo has double the amount of volume how did you fix this

1 - 11 of 11 Posts