2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

About 8 months a go I bought a 07 honda civic ex 2.2 cdti. I loved it lovely black with red calipers. Built in sat nav all the whistles and bells. I have to ask you to bear with me as I am not technical at all. Within 2 months had to replace a throttle actuator. Then had issues with brakes. Radio pops and constantly switches on and off until car is left for a while. With this the led display lights up making the display hard to read. Window wipers have a mind of there own and stop half way up the screen. Then clutch and dual mass flywheel went. Only had it back on the road a week and having more issues. When driving the speedo goes "funny" if I'm doing 60/70 the speedo will often read 0 or 10 or something stupid and the car won't accelerate. Anyone have any ideas what this or the radio or wipers or led screen is? Mot is due soon and just got over the bill of the clutch and dmf.

Thanks for reading

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Do a Google search with 'civinfo' and your problem both within the search bar and you'll get a good list of info...or drivel!

At least the DMF/clutch issue is behind you #phew.

Good luck straightening out the ol'gal.

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Welcome to the forum matey...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have nearly resolved all of the issues (I hope). The next and hopefully last thing I need is a vehicle speed sensor for 6 speed gear box. Any ideas where I can get one? Not had much luck searching the Web. And roughly does anyone know how much they cost?

Thanks

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
I have nearly resolved all of the issues (I hope). The next and hopefully last thing I need is a vehicle speed sensor for 6 speed gear box. Any ideas where I can get one? Not had much luck searching the Web. And roughly does anyone know how much they cost?

Thanks
Well done working thru your issues.

Check the Lings website for a new price on your sensor. Hopefully its not too expensive.

Update: I struggled to find one on the Lings site, need more time to find the relevant section. There are plenty on Amazon tho ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers ordered one this morning and ordered some drop links and I think that's it for now. It passed it's mot which was a surprise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts