2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

i am new to this, and looking at the 1.8 Sport I-Shift (5 Door) What are the different options that i can change within the Driver Computer, What are the "Extras" that you get that are not on the SE

Also Is the Garnish (Side Skirts ect) Colour Coded or Gray as thats one thing that puts me off.

Thanks.

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
The drive computer shows
Current mpg
Average mpg
Journey time
Ave speed
Miles to go until fuel tank empty
and something else I have forgotten for now :oops:

As for the extras on a Sport over the SE, it is the HID headlights, 17" wheels, front fog lights and a leather wrapped steering wheel.

The trim comes unpainted on all Civics except the Type R. But it can be colour coded, the dealer will probably be able to quote you for it.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
the one you missed Foggy was the one which shows who is wearing a seatbelt (or not) :)

The same display is also used for important messages from the car like "fill up with fuel!" or "it's cold outside" amongst others

(actually these two are "fuel low" and a pic of a road with a snowflake - but I prefer mine :D)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankss for the info -

i have seen a few pic's and they have the blue ambiant lighting is that a optional extra? or standard? looks nice :) i was thinking of getting the Type R body kit ((Style pack)) i think dont know what its called but looks nice :p

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
blue ambient is extra (can't recall exactly how much, £70 rings a bell).

It IS great :D
But not entirely sure if it's £70 worth of great...

There is a much cheaper DIY solution in the How To section :D

The extra agressivness of the R body kit really gets a thumbs up from me too :D

BUT (and it's a HUGE but!) :(
there is a kit (Image Pack from memory) for the 5 door, which is very nice.
Beware though that parts of it come colour coded, and the plastic bits around them aren't...

The R body kit, which looks similar, but as if it's on steriods, does not fit the 5 door :(
Well - a couple of owners in here have managed to get it to, but it's FAR from easy :(
The R kit does however, fit directly on to the Type S - but that doesn't help you much, sorry!

Probably your best bet is to have a good wander through the gallery in here and see what catches your eye :D

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats one thing that puts me off - the black plastic Trim on the 5door, still might get a 3dr :) undescided - but either way its gunna be the 1.8 i-shift -

What is the ECO and REV light for - when i was on the test drive i noticed the green eco light flashing a fair bit but not so much the Rev, ( apart from when i joined a dual carriage way)

Thanks

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Thats one thing that puts me off - the black plastic Trim on the 5door, still might get a 3dr :) undescided - but either way its gunna be the 1.8 i-shift -

What is the ECO and REV light for - when i was on the test drive i noticed the green eco light flashing a fair bit but not so much the Rev, ( apart from when i joined a dual carriage way)

Thanks
You can get someone to colour code a 5 door at extra cost.

The ECO lights show how economically you are driving.

The REV lights come on at high revs to remind you to shift up to the next gear. But only at quite high revs.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
both are 3 sets (of 2 LEDs per set)

you can turn either / both off via the computer if they bug you, but most owners seem to leave them turned on :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am quite sure that there is no online version of the manual. You will just have to buy a civic to get the pleasure of all 500+ pages :p unless you have a mate who has a civ who will lend you their copy.

Just a note of the ECO meter. I find this is a real incentive to drive ECO friendly trying to get as many lights lit as possible. Probably a bit sad but I have only had mine for four days. The novelty may wear off.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
One has not obtained the car yet so i can't get the manual, unless there is a online one?
I had exactly the same problem, the dealer lent me one from one of the cars in the showroom for a couple of nights. That's all you need to have a good read through.

May well be worth asking them if they can do the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts