2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2010 FN2 Type R DSB LSD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Bought my FN2 on the 30th July 2021, it’s a 60 plate with an LSD which i believe is rare in this colour. It was standard when i bought it and i’ve done a few bits to it so far. I try and do the labour where i can.

It does 15,000 miles a year and regularly does 400 mile round trips up and down the country, never skipping a beat.

I’ve made a thread to keep track of my money pit if anyone is interested. Any recommendations for modifications or advice would be much appreciated!

Few pics of the car as it is now:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle Window Hood

·
Registered
Civic type R Championship white
425 Posts
Greatings mate! Rarer than a championship white the sapphire blue’s. Best base model going too with the LSD, it really makes a huge difference year round on these.

looking forward to seeing how you get on! I’ve a couple threads myself of my moneypit which has had paper notes chucked at it this year!
It’s almost finished 💸💸

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi all

Bought my FN2 on the 30th July 2021, it’s a 60 plate with an LSD which i believe is rare in this colour. It was standard when i bought it and i’ve done a few bits to it so far. I try and do the labour where i can.

It does 15,000 miles a year and regularly does 400 mile round trips up and down the country, never skipping a beat.

I’ve made a thread to keep track of my money pit if anyone is interested. Any recommendations for modifications or advice would be much appreciated!

Few pics of the car as it is now:

View attachment 326782
View attachment 326784
View attachment 326783
At Honda HQ?

·
Registered
2010 FN2 Type R DSB LSD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
welcome
think that is the rarest colour of the lot.
I've only ever seen 1.
Only 115 made in this colour, so far every other one i have seen online (that i can tell) has been a 10 plate meaning no LSD from factory. So i potentially have one of the rarest out there 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
2010 FN2 Type R DSB LSD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Greatings mate! Rarer than a championship white the sapphire blue’s. Best base model going too with the LSD, it really makes a huge difference year round on these.

looking forward to seeing how you get on! I’ve a couple threads myself of my moneypit which has had paper notes chucked at it this year!
It’s almost finished 💸💸
The diff is a game changer definitely mate, matched with Paul West’s adjustable traction control and its incredible to drive. Great handling without losing the Honda feel. The traction control isn’t intrusive either which i’m very happy about, keeps the traction without slowing the car down.

Your CW looks lovely mate! I’ve seen you have a charger on the way as well, that’ll be mint good way to keep the power linear with good gains. Still unsure whether i’ll go high power N/A or forced induction. You’ll have to let us know what you think of it when it’s fitted 👍🏼.

Yeah that’s at HQ mate. The lads there are the best in the business for me, i’ll probably only go to them with it now to be honest.

·
Registered
425 Posts
The diff is a game changer definitely mate, matched with Paul West’s adjustable traction control and its incredible to drive. Great handling without losing the Honda feel. The traction control isn’t intrusive either which i’m very happy about, keeps the traction without slowing the car down.

Your CW looks lovely mate! I’ve seen you have a charger on the way as well, that’ll be mint good way to keep the power linear with good gains. Still unsure whether i’ll go high power N/A or forced induction. You’ll have to let us know what you think of it when it’s fitted 👍🏼.

Yeah that’s at HQ mate. The lads there are the best in the business for me, i’ll probably only go to them with it now to be honest.
Wicked! I’m having Paul’s traction too, really looking forward to it I’ve waited so long.
Having boosted cars previously I was a little underwhelmed with the FN2 in stock form until I learned how to drive it (basically wring its neck to the limiter!) so I’m looking forward to some adrenalin again when it’s hyper mode.

I initially debated staying N/A and getting a Frankenstein k24/k20 engine built. A lad I know has one and it solves the lack of low down torque whilst raising the roof on what power you can acquire. But I was going to cost around the same price as charging, plus the charger being mostly bolt on can be undone pretty simply and tuned back to N/A if the car looses too much of its characteristics.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts