2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all, hi to every one....i am new around here, and i become a member so as to discuss about my new car,which i am about to buy.
I heard a lot about the new honda civic type S and i don't know what to do...a few days ago, i had decided that it is the best choice for the money it costs, until a friend of mine told that "it sucks"....
i still believe that it is a very nice and powerful car,and also i have to say that i really love hondas since i was very young....let's say 12 years old....(now i am 24)
Tell me.....in fact..inform me ....
what should i do?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.
The only way to make your mind up is to test drive an example of the car you want to buy. There are many differing opinions on this forum, and its a great place to examine all the moans and praise for the model. Its very informative. A great looking car thats a pleasure to own. Try one and see for yourself

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Welcome!

It is a nice car.
I am very happy with mine.

What was it that sucked?

Cars are individual taste, everyone likes different things.
So try one out.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Hello Xmitsos!

Welcome to civinfo.
If you really like the Type-S, buy it, thats's my advice to you.
Listen more to yourself than your friend.
After all, it is your money and not his.
He may just tell you that it sucs out of pure jealousy over that he cannot afford a flashy car like that himself. [smilie=tongue.gif]

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
i had a similar friend that made that comment! he did this because in his words "it has 'old fasion' suspension and was a diesel".

in truth he knew nothing,
A- because he hasnt ever driven the car
B- he relied on the review from top gear
C- he is ignorant and thinks he knows everything about cars
D- he was probably jelous

i know my fare share about cars and when i drove the civic type-s i knew it was a great handling car and the engines are great!

i gave my friend a ride in my car and now he has totally changed his mind! first thing he said was 'WOW' when he saw the interior and when we were driving all he could say were compliments!

i wouldnt rely on what your friends say. if my friend had his way he would have me driving round a ford focus and blend into the background with every other bland car (and i drove a couple of foci's before the civic and i wouldnt swap even if it cost me half)

buy what car you want not what your friends say because in the end your the one that will be driving it and living with it.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Hey - "It sucks" isn't really an analysis on how a car drives, feels, looks, performs, handles, turns heads, and saves you money on fuel! lol

Take yourself a test drive and see for yourself! See if Honda will throw a hat in the deal for your friend to eat?? lol

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
your posts are very helpful to me...thanks a lot...
one test drive is my next step....
i also heard bad comments about the quality of its interior....reviews said that its plastic it is very very cheap...i have never sat in a new type S so i don't know...that's why i am asking you people,who know....!
Actually, i am going to buy this car,although i heard so much bad comments.Just because i love it......but not in the near future...i mean..i will wait for about 6 or more months,just because i don't have the money i need...
After the "plastics quality" issue, i will ask you some more things i must learn about this lovely car...

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Go and check out the interior plastics yourself at your local dealer... you'll be suprised and wonder where abouts these "bad quality" plastics actually are!

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts

Welcome to the forum Xmitsos,you should find the answers to most of your questions by doing a search.:)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this is exactly what i am doing by asking you these questions....i am doing a search!!!!
thanks for your "welcome" messages!

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Welcome Xmitsos. As the others have rightly advised go and test drive and then you can make your own mind up. Having said that, that is exactly what I did and all I can say after nearly a year I am still in love with it and I am still looking for excuses to take it out for a drive ( and the wife )

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
If we are talking about in 6+ months time, I think we will approach the arrival of the facelift version, as your header indicates. I take it the face lifted civic arrives in the showrooms at the dealers late atumn. So, if I were you, I think I would have waited till then and see what the changes will look like. [smilie=tongue.gif]

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
If we are talking about in 6+ months time, I think we will approach the arrival of the facelift version, as your header indicates. I take it the face lifted civic arrives in the showrooms at the dealers late atumn. So, if I were you, I think I would have waited till then and see what the changes will look like. [smilie=tongue.gif]
Am I not right in thinking that the facelift is not due until 2009 or 2010:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Am I not right in thinking that the facelift is not due until 2009 or 2010:eek:

I think both of us are right, as I also thought of the MY 2009 civic, which arrives late autumn present year (2008[smilie=cheeky-grin:)
Not quite sure though, but current model arrived autumn '05, so it is likely to believe so. :cool:
Anyone?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I think both of us are right, as I also thought of the MY 2009 civic, which arrives late autumn present year (2008[smilie=cheeky-grin:)
Not quite sure though, but current model arrived autumn '05, so it is likely to believe so. :cool:
Anyone?[/quote]

I agree entirely with that,but thought I read somewhere that Honda cycles are 5 years which put it nearer autumn 2009 for 2010 model year. Can anyone confirm this?

By the way out of interest I tried to view the visit norway site but the link doesn't work unless you put the www. in

Cheers[smilie=cheeky-grin:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts