2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
i think its been put back a few weeks David, so i think its released mid to end of march mate. think ill have a look to see what the first issue is like before passing any judgements. HOT members are being offeed a great discount for a yearly subscription.

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
I wont be buying this. I emailed them today offering my car as a feature and got a response saying there wasnt an issue that my car was suited to. This from a new magazine!

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
Just to clarify this was after Id been told to email this specific bloke as he would make sure I got a better feature and then Ijust got some waffle back from them

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to clarify this was after Id been told to email this specific bloke as he would make sure I got a better feature and then Ijust got some waffle back from them
Thats terrible Ed, i would have thought your car would be perfect for a feature

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
That is rather bad Ed, I agree I would have thought it would make a good article! It does raise the question of what kind of articles they are going to have if they can completely write you off and say no...

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts

That is rather bad Ed, I agree I would have thought it would make a good article! It does raise the question of what kind of articles they are going to have if they can completely write you off and say no...

I imagine all they want is either cars like Terry's or Dezi's (S/C) or Blades (covered in Mugen Aero). I dont understand why they wouldnt want someone trying to do something a bit different on a budget.
What hacked me off was that the guy whos fixing my car has built dozens of feature/cover cars and it was him who told me to email this dude direct

·
Registered
32 Posts
I imagine all they want is either cars like Terry's or Dezi's (S/C) or Blades (covered in Mugen Aero). I dont understand why they wouldnt want someone trying to do something a bit different on a budget.
What hacked me off was that the guy whos fixing my car has built dozens of feature/cover cars and it was him who told me to email this dude direct
Can you please call me on 01506 530496. I am dealing with Honda editorial / car submissions and don't believe we have spoken (certainly I have never had a conversation with anyone like you have had).

BTW - had a look at your build thread and the car is awesome - I have certianly never seen it before and wouldn't say no to featuring it (I publish & own the mags BTW)

We have not said no to anyone as yet for features - we certainly have never said that there are no issues that it is not suitable for - we havent finalised anything past issue 1 yet mate - so I am not sure who you have been speaking to. Can you come back to me please as I'd like to get this sorted.

We have been sent over a hundred possible features car suggestions and everyone is being told the same thing. We will look at every one when it comes in and keep them in a big pot and decide issue on issue what we will feature.

Hopefully we can speak soon

Thanks

Lesley

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Why is it only Terry & Dezi who always get the mentions when talking about superchargers? :p

Me, gryffin & k20 king have all got them too (think we should all be referred to as a group..the 300bhp group) :p ;)

& out of all the uk owners with chargers I'm the only 1 who hasn't had it all done by a company...homebuilds FTW!

I did have an e-mail from Total Honda at the start of the year asking for more details but I managed to lose it somehow as I was on holiday. :(

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why is it only Terry & Dezi who always get the mentions when talking about superchargers? :p

Me, gryffin & k20 king have all got them too (think we should all be referred to as a group..the 300bhp group) :p ;)

& out of all the uk owners with chargers I'm the only 1 who hasn't had it all done by a company...homebuilds FTW!

I did have an e-mail from Total Honda at the start of the year asking for more details but I managed to lose it somehow as I was on holiday. :(
:grouphug::grouphug:

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
Why is it only Terry & Dezi who always get the mentions when talking about superchargers? :p:(
stop sulking hehehe I think we get mentioned more cos me and the geriatric terry are both mischievous:)
In all fairness you car is quality and deserves the centre page spread.

Bet you didn't know terry did a centre spread for ladyboys R us.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
stop sulking hehehe I think we get mentioned more cos me and the geriatric terry are both mischievous:)
In all fairness you car is quality and deserves the centre page spread.

Bet you didn't know terry did a centre spread for ladyboys R us.
Mischievous is that what its called in Manchester??? :D

Dave your cars awesome mate, cant wait to see it in the flesh

I'd love to see a feature on all the chargered cars.

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
Also I have a bit more than just Mugen aero!!!! :)

I offer sincere apologies :p

1 - 20 of 52 Posts