2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi guys a quick hello my names garry and just bought my first honda 2.2 diesel civic in red on a 57 plate..bought it as japanese vs german these days the japanese cars are doing well and it seems abilities to remap and mod the engine is quite easy from the reading ive done so far.i spend a lot on my cars and my last golf gti set me back at 10 k in parts and fittinf so u can guess what the ex mrs thought about that.notice i say ex mrs ha ha ha.any help on making this car my own car in looks and performance will be greatly apreciated and sure its worth a few free beers art any get togethers you guys have lol.have a good one and glad to be with fellow enthusiasts ;)

·
Registered
815 Posts
Welcome

Greetings,
Dark Flemish

ps: your text wasn't easy to read

Reactions: wiganlad77

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry about the text

sorry about the text dark as having a lot of trouble with one oif my hands typing after a accident at work and is affecting my dexterity a little buddy but hope i can get my basics across until i get the feeling back in my right hand mate.quick question though.i have bought a 2.2 litre 57 plate civic 2.2 diesel and am thinking of replacing the grill with a type r.will this fit straight in with no modifications as i have the see through type grill at the moment.have my tinted windows being done tomorrow morning and hid kit fitted same time also.

·
Dervinator
1,349 Posts
Yup. Straight swap and usually one of the first mods people do.

It's for this reason I've left my grill standard for now, concentrating instead on interior mods.

I'll probably get the alloy fuel cap before the front grill !!

Welcome to CivInfo btw.

·
Redline Monster
1,576 Posts
:hello2: & :welcome4: to :civinfo: mate[smilie=nod.gif]

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Welcome mate! You wont regret it... i had 4 hondas before i got a golf... it only lasted 6 months until i changed back to a honda lol

·
Registered
249 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
wow this forum is so much busier than the mkiv golf forum lol.thanks for all the welcomes guys and especially the build thread links,just what ive been looking at.also you guys who supply tech and upgrades are great aswell as it will save me hunting as far for stock but keep in mind i hope your prices are right still ha ha ha.thanks again for the warm welcome and hope to be of some help with my build also guys.just done my tints on my windows but seems i cant do the small bit at the bottom of the rear windscreen but still looks good lol.if dry enough im going tio fit my hids tommorrow and hope to get some pics on here .have a good one peeps.:cool:

·
ex CW FN2 owner
595 Posts
Hi and welcome hope you enjoy your new motor and the forum. You can use fly eyes on the lower part of the rear window. It will give it the appearance of it being tinted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi and welcome hope you enjoy your new motor and the forum. You can use fly eyes on the lower part of the rear window. It will give it the appearance of it being tinted.
thanks adam ive just ordered 5 metres of fly eyes so really good tip their buddy thanks again.:eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts