2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick up my 12 plate gen 9 es-t civic on Saturday and one thing I'll miss is the privacy glass (which I had on my BMW 1 series)...

Anyone recommend a good tinting company around Lancashire (I live in Blackburn)? What sort of money am I looking at?

I was also thinking of replacing the existing glass with privacy glass taken from a EX model instead of tinting (obviously from a salvage EX model) but not sure of the practicalities?

Any ideas or suggestions most welcome as I'm new to the styling domain!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cant recommend anywhere but probably looking at £100-£150
Thanks.... What about the quality of these tints as I've never had them before but are they likely to come off or look shoddy after a while. How is the back screen affected with the heater elements?

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Its completely find, although you probably wont be able to tint the lower part of the back window because the film comes off because of the curve in the window.

It is very unlikely that they will come off or peel off

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
I pick up my 12 plate gen 9 es-t civic on Saturday and one thing I'll miss is the privacy glass (which I had on my BMW 1 series)...

Anyone recommend a good tinting company around Lancashire (I live in Blackburn)? What sort of money am I looking at?

I was also thinking of replacing the existing glass with privacy glass taken from a EX model instead of tinting (obviously from a salvage EX model) but not sure of the practicalities?

Any ideas or suggestions most welcome as I'm new to the styling domain!

There's a place on Buckshaw Village, Vehicle Wrapping & Window Tinting Lancashire | Wraps & Tints Ltd

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Had the back windows of my 8th gen dark tinted for £80!
Would suggest you look for an individual rather than a company!
Got mine done through a friend of a friend, he did an amazing job, double quick and hassle free.

Worth a punt

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
Thanks have you any personal experience?

No sorry others I know have praised them. I had someone private tint one of my previous cars on the drive. It's not a job for the open air. Tints ended up with particles trapped beneath due to the wind.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
I know someone in bury but abit of a drive for you, I've used him few times and I know a lot of people have, he has contracts for all Land Rover BMW Mercedes aswell if you want his number?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know someone in bury but abit of a drive for you, I've used him few times and I know a lot of people have, he has contracts for all Land Rover BMW Mercedes aswell if you want his number?
Thanks please give me the details as bury not too far for me... I'll travel provided price and service is good....

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd recommend SW Tints in Salford near manchester, call 07742308877... did my rear side windows to match the already tinted rear windows for £75.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys... LLUMAR OR SUNTEK film? Both same price... Thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Guys... LLUMAR OR SUNTEK film? Both same price... Thanks in advance...

I have Suntek on my rear, rear sides and front sides. Very impressed with the quality and not a single bubble or anything. Plus, a lifetime warranty, not sure if you get that with Llumar.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I have Suntek on my rear, rear sides and front sides. Very impressed with the quality and not a single bubble or anything. Plus, a lifetime warranty, not sure if you get that with Llumar.
Thanks how long have you had it on?

Update... When it came to booking the LLUMAR went up by £50!!?...so might have to stick to good old Suntek!

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
As much as I would like rear privacy tints I don't like the idea of plastic film. Surely it scratches and wears ?

·
3,985 Posts
It scratches only if you don't treat it with a little respect. i.e. don't clean it with a wire brush.:grin2:
I would think your situation it would be just fine K, unless you have suddenly taken to humping large spiky things around in the back of your car. Wear? How can it wear?

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Hello and welcome.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts