2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been very generously and well looked after by a reseller from a company called www.urevised.com for the last few months. However, there have been a couple of issues that they cannot resolve.

The box itself was in Houston, so we were suffering from afternoon/evening transatlantic slowdown.

Being in Houston, the search engines refused to list us as a UK site.

The support was well meaning, but occasionally a bit thin.

So here we are back in the UK, using www.vidahost.com. Lets hope it works out!

For 48 hours, the site address will appear as a load of numbers and stuff. To find the site, just keep going to www.civinfo.com as normal. On Saturday that weird address will be gone and as if by magic the usual civinfo one will appear.

·
Registered
273 Posts
When the forum was kinda close for upgrade, Pottsy asks us to get some sleep... sleep would be the last thing i would do , apart from bitting firgernails and waiting anxiously to see what's new :)

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might be able to go back to the normal address sooner than I thought...

Could you test it for me? Does it say Civinf (not Civinfo) on the number plate in the top left corner? If anyone has a "Civinfo", I have to wait. If it says Civinfo on yours, does it still say it after pressing CTRL + F5?

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ta. Address returned to normal. Fingers crossed this host is OK (though I now seem to have host swaps down to a fine art, just 10 mins down time for this one).

·
Registered
70 Posts
I might be able to go back to the normal address sooner than I thought...

Could you test it for me? Does it say Civinf (not Civinfo) on the number plate in the top left corner? If anyone has a "Civinfo", I have to wait. If it says Civinfo on yours, does it still say it after pressing CTRL + F5?

Took the r/h "Here" on the info of home change screen - have Civinf on number plate

Hope that helps

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Got CivInf here, although I hadn't even noticed, might be cos I have go the Ryder Cup on across the Office.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Andrea, at least the cunning system allows you to see the site even though your DNS is not yet there. Give it another few hours and it should work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts