2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Sat in the new Hrv today. Is quite nice just a pity they spoilt it with weak engines and 2wd, otherwise I would have been very tempted to go buy one.

Would be very slightly worried by the black piano gloss as well. Looks great but wonder how scratch resistant it is.

Also, has the world's smallest gear knob! Makes the TYPE R one looks large. If I ever did buy one, would be the 1st thing I would change.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Great to see the government have u-turned on the scrapping of the 3% company car surcharge on diesels, meaning that all diesels are now very expensive as company cars.....I get why they're doing it, extra income for government spending and reduce NOx emissions.....but the selection of PHEV and Electric cars is so limited!

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Back after two years in a Audi A1 16 tdi
Just got the Hrv ex geat to be back in a Honda
1000 times better then the Audi you just pay for the badge in the Audi
Just got to get used to the electric hand brake

·
Registered
273 Posts
Popped into Bristol Honda yesterday to look at the Civic Tourer as company car order is due soon.

Spotted the HRV. Not keen on the looks, but inside it is very nice. If want EX Plus spec, unfortunately two things put me off - co2 is 1 BIK band higher than I'd ideally want and it's made in Mexico - not Swindon.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions but without 4WD and 180-190bhp, not even a consideration.
Maybe you want to look at Skoda's... 4x4 estates in different sizes and SUVs with a variety of petrol and diesel powerplants that will meet your needs with or without remaps. :)

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Back after two years in a Audi A1 16 tdi
Just got the Hrv ex geat to be back in a Honda
1000 times better then the Audi you just pay for the badge in the Audi
Just got to get used to the electric hand brake
Enjoy... Im Seriously considering one too. I love the 1.6 in my Civic and hope it's just as good in the HRV.

How does it feel to drive... like an SUV version of the Civics or a SUV version of the Jazz. Strange question I know, but anyone who's driven a 9g civic and a jazz will know what I mean.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Enjoy... Im Seriously considering one too. I love the 1.6 in my Civic and hope it's just as good in the HRV.

How does it feel to drive... like an SUV version of the Civics or a SUV version of the Jazz. Strange question I know, but anyone who's driven a 9g civic and a jazz will know what I mean.
I have a Tourer and drove the HR-V for a whole day, did approx 400km with it. It's not as sporty as the Civic, but it still accelerates as it should. So if you ask me, it feels like a SUV version of the Civic. It's spacious and a bit more lump to drive with than the Civic, appart from that, perfect car!

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
So quiet and smooth...

I only ask because alot of reviews (mainly US) mention it's based on the Fit/Jazz platform. I know the Civics is too and nothing a against the jazz but it is a noisier ride.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Maybe you want to look at Skoda's... 4x4 estates in different sizes and SUVs with a variety of petrol and diesel powerplants that will meet your needs with or without remaps. :)
Thanks for the suggestions. However, considering the governments move against diesels with city bans coming, I'm now being forced to consider a petrol which means abandoning performance.

Current front runner is the new (yet to be released) Suzuki Vitara 1.4S (Turbo). 0-60 in 10 secs :( but 53mpg Urban (some say 38mph is the ture practical figure - but that's still 5mpg more than my Civic's actual extra urban (33mpg) though according to the Civic trip, which may of course be optimistic in itself), and not likely to be affected by the bans / tax changes:

2015 Suzuki Vitara 1.4 S review | Autocar

I've sat in one (it looks very nice in the Turquoise and inside the cabin feels special, almost Porsche like with those dashboard mounted dials / clock albeit the plastics are a bit hard and very slightly cheap looking. That said, the seats etc are very comfy and loads of room. I was left very impressed with my trip to the dealership and left feeling the car looked very posh both inside and out, only being let down very slightly by the lack of soft touch plastic. Looks a lot like an Evoque from many angles.

Would have re-considered the HRV now, but the lack of 4wd is still the game changer. A good 4wd system is a must and the Suzuki's looks one of the best for a crossover.

61 - 80 of 103 Posts