2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am Peter from Germany. I´m new at civinfo.

My car[smilie=tongue.gif] :
Civic FK-2/Executive/18" Rims/17" winter tires/30mm lower/20 wider back track/outer sport exterior/parking distance control/premium sound system 2/CD-Changer

My comment: very interesting forum and useful informations!!:D

Bye
Peter
PICT4706-b.jpg

PICT4724-b.jpg

PICT4729-b.jpg

PICT4723-b.jpg

PICT4728-b.jpg

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Very nice car, congratulation

Welcome to this usefull site !

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Welcome Peter-fk2. Beautiful looking car -- great 'photos. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Looks beautiful as NHB always does; but your's looks extra special with those wheels. [smilie=superkewl.g:

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
Hi Peter,
welcome to the forum
Another good looking car and wheels to match

·
Greek Subforum Moderator
13,268 Posts
very beautiful car! NHB is the best!!!

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Hi Peter

Welcome this forum

your car looks very nice also your rims too [smilie=ebil-thumbu: 30mm lower looks great so whats drive like with lower ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
30 mm lower car

Hi 2.2 i-CTDI Type S GT,

I drove the car without shorter springs only last (06) January as a test dealer car. I ordered the car at the dealer with all features including the shorter springs from H&R (like I have done it with my last 3 Hondas). I was also thinking about an adjustable suspension kit (shocks with threads) but my friends told me, that this would be too hard.
I´m satisfied with the comfort. It is not too hard. I have adjusted the air pressure in the tires as followed: front 2.3 bar / rear 2.1 bar. Thats enough for the wear and good for the comfort. The car is now (with the shorter springs) more stable on the rear axle at higher speed (from 180 km/h-210 km/h) and it is rolling much less around the length axle. The nervous rear of the car comes from the weight distribution to the front (under seat tank) and the torsion beam (the only sad detail of this great car).
I took the photos just after I got the car in May 06 (this time only 20mm lower). Now it is 10 mm lower due to the daliy compression to the springs. You have only aware of the low clearance at high angle ramps etc.

Peter

·
Registered
147 Posts
Interesting modification. It looks even more sporty now. I would like to ask you what distance rings were used to widen your rear track and how much it was to have it fixed ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wider track

Hi 4 gotten,

the aluminium distance rings are from the German Company H&R (like the shorter suspension springs). I use 10 mm on each side (20 mm total wider track at the rear axle). My car dealer mounted new longer bolts into the brake disk. The rings are only placed "loose" (clamped by tighten the wheels nuts!) between the brake disk and the wheel.
I remember rough! that the rings cost 100,- Euro. The mounting and saftey check at our TUEV (safety organisation in Germany) I thing costs also 100,- Euro.

Peter

P.S.: You get different thicknesses of track rings at H&R. For my 18" wheels each 10 mm at the rear is enough. If you use the series wheels you can use wider rings also at the front axle.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
HI Peter,

WOW
the car looks brilliant [smilie=gt-happyup.:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts