2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I frequently check for when the jazz arrives - early summer to now being informed by dealer it could be into august,they're getting frustrated with old model stock to sell - they may still have it into '65' reg.In the mean time I keep old of my old civic waiting and probably paying out for tyre/bake pads etc.
I would sooner them get production right though (made in uk),rather than rush it through like honda did with 8gen civic and the customer be research and development! Only seen pictures with all its kit on like spoilers and side skirts etc - or will the base model have them?

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
My dealer expects to start selling the new Jazz from early September with first cars arriving late August.

Big discounts on old model at present - at least £3,000 off list.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I think the delay is because it's not being made in UK... As Swindon will go completely over to Civic production (10G)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the delay is because it's not being made in UK... As Swindon will go completely over to Civic production (10G)
Thats very interesting,so where is it being made,I thought the delay was down to Swindon trying to sort out problems before they use the unsuspecting customers as research and development !!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would look forward to the car coming from Japan,incidently the dealer rang me this morning inviting me to place an order for the jazz - he can explain the spec.,but the car will not be available to view until middle /end of September,he is suggesting that if an order is not placed now it could mean a delay of several months to buy the car - I think will take my chance!

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I would look forward to the car coming from Japan,incidently the dealer rang me this morning inviting me to place an order for the jazz - he can explain the spec.,but the car will not be available to view until middle /end of September,he is suggesting that if an order is not placed now it could mean a delay of several months to buy the car - I think will take my chance!
Don't blame you - why on earth would anyone order a car that they had not seen in the flesh, know the spec of and test driven??? That's like saying you ordered an auto or a different engine without a test drive and then complaining that you didn't like it... well more fool you!

OK it's a bit different if you were buying a one off limited edition like an Aston One-77 and you had the money to waste but for a run-of-the-mill supermini??? - stupidity like that is beyond me!

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
New Jazz (3rd Gen)

We have owned both a 1st and currently a 2nd Gen Jazz (09 Model).
Was in my local Dealers on Saturday and was shown the Spec Sheet and Basic Prices for the New Model.

It appears there will be three specs - 'S', 'SE', and 'EX', all it seems with the new 1.3 Litre Vtec engine (I may stand corrected if any of this info is wrong)!!

Prices are: S = £13495, SE = £14595, and EX = £15715 all OTR.

Cars in Showrooms very late August.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I saw it last week. My dealer show HR-V, Jazz and Type R in première.

Front doesn't look bad at all. Inside it's muuuuuch better then previous generations. The back... let me say, you'll have to get used to it :)

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
surprised to see the new Jazz still has exposed screws holding the interior door handle to the door card. Where's the attention to detail? Penny pinching accountant input?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts