2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the day before Christmas Eve I find that somehow I have managed to lose my key. I have a 2006 ES and the key has 2 buttons. I call the dealers and they quote me £800!! and tell me the car needs to be taken away on a truck. After spending the whole day looking for the key I call 30 different autolock smiths and one claims he can sort the problem out.

I pay the dealer to get my key code and the locksmith cuts a key and is in the car and has it started within 10 minutes. However the alarm is sounding. Now he explains that he has placed a chip in the key and
is surprised the alarm is still sounding.

5 hours later and after plugging in various diagnostic machines and borrowing and old 2 button key from someone else here is the curent situation.

I can open drivers door with the new key (this has no buttons) and drive the car. (Red flashing light on dashboard). If I open any other door or the boot the alarm sounds and I have to get out and lock via drivers door to stop the alarm. The locksmith tried to programme the 2 button borrowed 0key whils actualy using the new one he had cut in the ignition and it seems that this did partially disable the alarm.

My 2 questions are Is it possible to programme the borrowed 2 button key part to unlock doors and disable alarm whilst using the new keyblade from locksmith to drive.

What can I do to rectify the problem if posible without visiting my local dealer as I have found them unhelpful and dificult throughout the last few days.

I completely accept that only an idiot would lose his key but I have already paid out £160 + taxis etc and £800 is a real scary prospect.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
10 Posts
£800 is Bull crap who told you that? i lost my key and i got a brand new one from my dealer supplied cut and programmed without them having my car for £185 all i did was give my reg number and i had a new key the very next day. Ewens of cornhill is my dealer and its a man called paul ewen who sorted me out. Worth a call.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts