2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this site, joined it as I now drive a 2007 Honda Civic Type S gt i-ctdi. Seems like a good car, I've been driving in total 34 years and this is only my 8th car!

PREVIOUS :-
1978-1987 MINI
1987-1993 MINI
1993-1997 HONDA ACCORD
1997-1999 HONDA ACCORD
1999-2003 HONDA CONCERTO
2003-2008 HONDA LEGEND 3.2i 1992 MODEL (BEST CAR EVER)
2008-2012 BMW MINI COOPER S (R53)
2012- HONDA CIVIC TYPE S

After 2 weeks, still getting used to this car (first ever diesel), my main concern at present is the crap sound system. In my last 3 cars I used a JVC KD-S891R CD/MP3 with the LOUDNESS button left on, this meant great bass and overall sound with just the factory speakers working well. I want to keep the Honda head unit, but I really need to "up" the bass, its rubbish. Can anyone kindly advise me of a good add on amp that either has a LOUDNESS function or BASS boost, preferably one that would drive the original speakers? Failing that a good amp and the best speakers to fit into the Honda speakers positions.
I can manage speaker swaps, unsure of my DIY skills for adding an amp! Does the Civic fascia come off easily? Can an amp be hidden behind there or is it best in the boot ?

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate, am sure someone will be able to answer any questions you have if you can't find them within.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Welcome fella enjoy the site loads of info hear top site should be loads of topics about upgrading speakers and adding a amp just do a search have fun

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Welcome matey....

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
hello and welcome,starts getting expensive from here on in :)

·
ex CW FN2 owner
595 Posts
Hi and welcome lots of Hondas in your list :D hope you enjoy your new one. With your questions on ICE check out the ICE Section lots of good ideas on what others have done with head units amps speakers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts