2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused::confused: Hi one and all just me saying hello? Posted a question thinking well bound to get a reply, and to my amazement 25 views as of right now and no replys? I thought this was a site for like minded people to share views on everything Honda civic.. Now i'm feeling kinda blue.. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Well it may not have helped that your original question was on a rather obscure subjct that most people would not know the answer to so maybe you should try and let us know the results.;)

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Can't find the question?

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
:confused::confused: Hi one and all just me saying hello? Posted a question thinking well bound to get a reply, and to my amazement 25 views as of right now and no replys? I thought this was a site for like minded people to share views on everything Honda civic.. Now i'm feeling kinda blue.. :confused::confused::confused::confused:
A thread about rear light intensity isn't going to set the world on fire! But it could melt your housing :)

Welcome to the forum.

·
The quest for perfection!
666 Posts
Hi all, and this is my first post on this forum.. I recently until last week was the proud owner of a 12 year old Honda Civic, now I just bought the 2008 demonstrator Honda Civic 1.4 i-Dsi SE 5dr. My question is this I want to change my stock rear brake stop bulbs with the Piaa 27/8 watt break and stop bulbs which are T20 wedge bulbs even though my stock bulbs are rated at 21/5W will the increase in wattage result in damage to the light housing with heat or worse fire. :confused:
Sorry, but i can't help :(

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
Personally I think the 30 pct increase in power is not gonna set anything on fire. It's not like you're gonna keep your foot on the break for hours, is it. And even then I think there is big enough margin not to damage anything.

K.

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well thank you for the reply here on feeling kinda blue. The replys on here so far have cheered me up.

I'm not too technical minded about cars even though i'm a computer expert, but just wanted to know if it would be ok to buy the Piaa 27/8 watt bulbs for my car without causing damage to electrics and light housing..

I a'm sorry if I posted in the wrong place so please forgive me for any wrong doing, I apologise.. I have since had a few replies and I thank you all for taking the time to write me, it is always appreciated to hear from people more expert in these matters with an impartial opinion i genuinely a'm looking sincere advice..

Well i can report i'm not feeling blue any more. Thank you all for showing support no matter how small.. :)

Here is where you will find my question. it's under Lights, Please anyone advise 27/8 bulb wattage increase from 21/5.

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,666 Posts
maybe JP could help you, he seems to be the lighting expert :)
hunt down mr JP in the commercial section and send him a PM, he's always been mega helpful with my lighting queries!

p.s welcome mate :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts