2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I’ve wanted an fn2 for about 10 years and last July I finally got my act together and made the purchase.

Since then I’ve been on track at donington , driven about 4000 miles around the Peak District and I just absolutely love it. A lot of people though I was mad changing from a VAG group car to a Honda, but how wrong they were. The fn2 is by far my fave car I’ve ever owned (previous cars: 206, 07 plate Leon fr 2.0tfsi, 63 plate leon fr 2.0tdi.

Mods wise, the car came with lowered einbach springs , fast track setup and a ecutek. No other mods thus far, although I have purchased a japspeed catback which I’m hoping to fit in the coming months and add to my buddies YouTube channel.

There’s a video of me on track at donnington, while my mate chases me in his track car. Hopefully I haven’t let any of you fn2 you down, feel free to have a nosey and offer advice...https://youtu.be/T-v37Q80nWU

Really looking forward to using this site as a good place to get tips and advice. And to share as I learn too. Have a great evening all! :)
Craig

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah my fn was slightly faster on the straights, you can see it starting to pull away. But the mx is quite a bit lighter, and it’s the 1.8 that has been modified to about 150+.
Sorry I let the side down!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcome. And good point Wilmo about nerve. I’m at donington again at the end of this month for an evening track session so hopefully a bit more practice will help me.
My friend has just fitted a japspeed exhaust for me (amongst other things) and we’ve made a video about it on YouTube. Sharing it here just in case anyone is interested :). It makes a great noise now, absolutely love it!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Hi all,
I’ve wanted an fn2 for about 10 years and last July I finally got my act together and made the purchase.

Since then I’ve been on track at donington , driven about 4000 miles around the Peak District and I just absolutely love it. A lot of people though I was mad changing from a VAG group car to a Honda, but how wrong they were. The fn2 is by far my fave car I’ve ever owned (previous cars: 206, 07 plate Leon fr 2.0tfsi, 63 plate leon fr 2.0tdi.

Mods wise, the car came with lowered einbach springs , fast track setup and a ecutek. No other mods thus far, although I have purchased a japspeed catback which I’m hoping to fit in the coming months and add to my buddies YouTube channel.

There’s a video of me on track at donnington, while my mate chases me in his track car. Hopefully I haven’t let any of you fn2 you down, feel free to have a nosey and offer advice...https://youtu.be/T-v37Q80nWU

Really looking forward to using this site as a good place to get tips and advice. And to share as I learn too. Have a great evening all! :)
Craig
Welcome to civic info dude.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi All, hope you all enjoying lockdown lifting. Took my fn2 to donington last month, just finished editing the video together. It’s the first 4/5 mins of this:
Unfortunately I had a bearing go on track, but other than that the car was awesome. So glad I got the japspeed exhaust fitted for the track day it sounded awesome! Upgraded rear discs and red stuff pads, braided brake hoses and DOT4 brake fluid. New PBS pads on the front. My fav part of the day was overtaking a McLaren, good times.
Cheers all hope you enjoy
Craig

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Nice one Craig I've dabbled in pretty much all the NA mods going, except for stroking the motor !

Id highly recommend a 4-2-1 manifold & poly engine inserts (with the remap tweak of course)

With the above mods it won't break the bank you'll have a much tighter ride & excellent Midrange however I'd look to set the idle slightly higher than stock, that's what I have now and zero vibrations :)

@Hemingway1975 @Diddles1987
You boys mapped your motors yet ?

Below is my remap video from dynodaze in Nuneaton several months ago, will most likely go down soon for the Saturday dynorun, £30 quid for two runs with a print out that's laminated can't quibble at that

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
This was the best looking FN I saw a real credit to the owner , lovely .

I'm jealous 😁

Thats the actual carbon bonnet I have now, he now has a vented bonnet. He was a nice bloke and has spent a lot of money on his motor, I think it's a plasti dip finish he did himself.

My car is standard engine wise apart from the hks, no map.

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
1,930 Posts
So interest in the carbon bonnet, I looks spot on the orange and @Diddles1987, just unsure if it would be ideal look on mine and give it the chav look(buy anything and put it on look), fair bit to shell out an it don’t like. I’m in two minds what to do next at moment. I’m not ready for an sports exhaust as that would be the most logical step really.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
So interest in the carbon bonnet, I looks spot on the orange and @Diddles1987, just unsure if it would be ideal look on mine and give it the chav look(buy anything and put it on look), fair bit to shell out an it don’t like. I’m in two minds what to do next at moment. I’m not ready for an sports exhaust as that would be the most logical step really.
I think silver with a carbon bonnet would look nice, but I think the wheels would need to go dark to match.
I don't know if I'll do engine tuning, it starts to get really expensive really quickly, £500 exhaust £500+ mappping, £500 manifold etc.

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
1,930 Posts
I think silver with a carbon bonnet would look nice, but I think the wheels would need to go dark to match.
I don't know if I'll do engine tuning, it starts to get really expensive really quickly, £500 exhaust £500+ mappping, £500 manifold etc.
Yeah it’s an outlay that can get expensive real quick, I got the car for another 4-5years so possible bits and bats will be fitted, unless I get a little windfall and a mazda3 mps lands on my drive 😂

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Some great comments here sorry not responded sooner. Well, sadly, my fn2 had to go, but it went to a really nice guy so I felt much better. Working from home now so I didn’t need a second car, it was probably only doing 20-40 miles a week. Anyway, we’ve done a bit of a tribute to my fn2 and all the fun I had in it from 2020-2021. Hope you enjoy…

1 - 19 of 19 Posts