2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm Michael. Owned a 2008 2.2 SE (with leather :-D) for 2 months now. Fantastic car which I'm hoping to hold on to for many years. Best looking hatchback on the road, it has a fantastic dashboard, handles well and goes like a rocket!

Found this website and looks excellent for getting answers if there are issues with the car- though at the minute with Honda's good reliability record I'm anticipating there won't be many problems.

Bit concerned about the clutch slip that has been mentioned by a number of people. At 38000 miles it is currently fine in my car. I enjoy putting the foot down to get the turbo kick after the engine has warmed up, though I would rarely push it above 3500rpm. Is this likely to increase the chances of there being premature clutch problems? I'm very easy on the clutch when starting off and changing gear and I would have thought it would be designed to handle the power over many thousands of miles.

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Hi Michael & welcome to the forum.:)

I wouldn't worry about putting your foot down. You may never have a problem with the clutch. Its one of those things, if it happens then so be it, but chances are you should be ok.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.